Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Accused of cheating..

6thDAY6thDAY Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
My professor has "implied" that I cheated on an exam. To make the long story short, I answered 2 questions on the exam that looked really similar to the responses on the internet that was shown to me by the professor, and he/she said it will be reported to the Dean to have them take appropriate actions.

However, I adamantly informed my professor that I did not cheat, but rather researched online before the test about some topics that I thought was going to be on the test, and I pretty much memorized it by repeating it over and over again, so in case, there was something related to those topics, I can just write down when I memorized (even if they are not right), but just hoping for some points.

But yet the professor said my responses looked way to similar to the ones online, implying that i was using the internet during the exam to look up answers.

However, I got a pretty extremely low score, even less than an F on the exam, because I didn't study the right materials. I was studying the topics that the professor did not test us on.

If I wanted to cheat, I would have gotten a better score than an F. In fact, I would have gotten an A because the questions can easily be found online, but the professor just said there was too much similarities between mine and the websites that were shown to me.

I have a good short term memory, where I can memorized thing pretty well if I take a test immediately after that.

If I have to go among board members, how should I prepare my case? Or is this a lost hope for me?

Replies to: Accused of cheating..

This discussion has been closed.