Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Improve my chances for Blake/Argo?

jasonlee576jasonlee576 Registered User Posts: 543 Member
In a short time (by June), I'll have to fill out the actual housing contract. And I really want to get a dorm in either Blake or Argo. So is there a way I can somehow improve my chances at getting a Blake/Argo dorm by answering the housing questionnaire in a certain way?
I heard that you can put down a preference for theme housing or something like that and that'll supposedly help u get a dorm in either Argo/Blake. Is this true?
Post edited by jasonlee576 on

Replies to: Improve my chances for Blake/Argo?

• z7xflaz7xfla Registered User Posts: 214 Junior Member
    Yeah I've heard that too, and I'd also like to know about this because I want a dorm in Argo/Blake.
  • astrinaastrina Registered User Posts: 3,029 Senior Member
    why doesn't anybody ever go through the archives? jasonlee, you've been part of this forum for a while -- you should know better!

"there's a spot for "other preferences" given on the application; you can always try to put that, but no guarantees. the only surefire way i can think of is to say that you're anticipating surgery later in the year, may need an elevator for convenience, etc. i believe this would even remove the first-floor fleets from the pool of possible suites, as those are actually a few steps below ground level."
  • jasonlee576jasonlee576 Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    well, i did look through the forums but gave up after like a minute of looking through the old posts. lol im just lazy, astrina. anyways, thanks for the info. :)
  • Dk-blue_FalconDk-blue_Falcon Registered User Posts: 539 Member
    shoot...I'll be dorming at blake 3-- for next year (i'll be a second-year student). this is what i get for rejecting other offers at the apartments (i didn't want a roommate). oh well, i tried for a single, and got one=]
  • jasonlee576jasonlee576 Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    that's awesome! oh well, doubles will have to do for me since I truly doubt that I'll get a single. As long as i don't get a triple, I'll be happy!
This discussion has been closed.