Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Any chances?

pk38555pk38555 Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
Residence: CA
GPA:4.0 ranking between 10%-15%
SAT1: 1790-460CR 800M 530WR
SAT2: 800-math2c 800-chinese 730-physics
AP Scores: AP physics B-5 Chinese-5
Junior classes: precalcH, physics AP, us history, chinese 5a(AP), PE, and English 3
Senior classes: Chem AP, Chinese AP, Calc BC(AP), English 4, Civics, and Psychology AP
Weak EC and awards- only 130 community service
want to major in engineering but don't know which one yet(probably not anything related to bio)
by the way i just came to America 4 years
Asian male
I know my SAT scores are pretty low plz give me some advices to improve my chance to get into UCSD~~~
thank you very much
Post edited by pk38555 on

Replies to: Any chances?

• NervousWreck000NervousWreck000 Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    Write stellar personal statements and try to earn some last minute awards (I know my community offered monthly awards for community service) ... do some more community service too =\ I would say don't expect to be admitted due to the low SAT score, fairly low GPA, and weak ECs, but take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm not the one admitting people, haha.
  • pk38555pk38555 Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    bump for more reply thx~~~~~~~~~~
  • rogueoncrackrogueoncrack Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    For sure you are getting in. . .after seeing your resume I am astonished I even got in!!!
    My SAT was 1740 and my GPA was only 3.7
    Plus, I wrote my personal statement the day it was due so yah. . .
  • theherder2theherder2 Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    *shrug* i'd say youre in for sure but i dunnoa bout that major engineering gets pretty competitive... and engineers there are a little.. off... i dunno haha. some warren people don't seem all together haha but thats just my perspective from erc.
  • z7xflaz7xfla Registered User Posts: 214 Junior Member
    High match

Your SAT II scores make up for your SAT I. Just retake the SATI, work on those ECs, and write a good essay.
  • ssaymkcikssaymkcik Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    You will be fine for sure. You just have to write a decent personal statement and you should get in. ECs aren't really that big of a deal. I didn't participate in anything during high school and still got in UCSd with 150 hrs of community service.
This discussion has been closed.