Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

park @ UTC?

SdotKSdotK Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
I was just wondering if you can park at UTC then take the MTS to campus without a risk? Would you ever get towed or a ticket if you do decide to park there?
Post edited by SdotK on

Replies to: park @ UTC?

• ArcticArctic Registered User Posts: 664 Member
    I have a friend that does this everyday. I think you can get towed, but how will they know unless they watch you doing this. I think a lot of students do this. Your other option is to park on Nobel / Regents, and take the Arriba Shuttle or take the 202 that stops on Nobel/Regents.
  • SdotKSdotK Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    has your friend ever gotten a ticket/towed?
  • jrmorsejrmorse Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    You could probably find street parking around regents & nobel and then just take the UCSD shuttle or the MTS 30 line
  • ArcticArctic Registered User Posts: 664 Member
    My friend has never gotten a ticket or been towed. MTS 30 takes too long, too many stops. the 201 / 202 are your best bets.
  • feesha724feesha724 Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    There is technically a risk you can get a ticket if you park at UTC, but as Arctic said, they have to actually see you parking and not stopping and last time I checked, there wasn't someone sitting there watching the parking lot to see if you actually enter the mall or not.

From UTC you can also take the MTS 41 to school. It's part of the free bus system and is usually pretty fast.
This discussion has been closed.