Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Transfer to UCSB after one year with AP credits?

JJammerzJJammerz Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
The UCSB transfer requirements say that 60 UC transferable credits are required to apply. Does this mean that if I have taken and passed more than 30 units worth of AP tests based on this chart(https://my.sa.ucsb.edu/catalog/Current/UndergraduateEducation/APCreditandChart.aspx) and completed more than 30 units at a different school, I can transfer with junior standing after one year?

Replies to: Transfer to UCSB after one year with AP credits?

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 22,476 Forum Champion
    Yes, but you need to make sure you have completed all the required transfer courses for your major and make sure the UCSB will give you great for all your AP classes.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 22,476 Forum Champion
    Sorry, meant to say "UCSB will give you credit"
  • mikemacmikemac Registered User Posts: 9,855 Senior Member
    if you have that many AP credits, its even better than just being able to xfer in 1 year. Once you have transferred you will in effect be able to act as if you are a sophomore, not a junior. So you can stay 3 years, etc.
    Units granted for AP tests are not counted toward the maximum number of credits required for formal declaration of a major or the maximum number of units a student may accumulate prior to graduation. Students who enter UC with AP credit do not have to declare a major earlier than other students, nor are they required to graduate earlier.
    http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/exam-credit/ap-credits/index.html
This discussion has been closed.