Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Summer Session in a foreign language?

InamoratiAnonInamoratiAnon Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
Hi, all. I'm a current sophomore (will be junior standing by Winter 2017) who's looking to double major in English and Global Studies. For both majors, there is a lower div requirement of a fifth/sixth quarter of a foreign language. I'm currently enrolled in a French class as I'm already fairly fluent in English, Spanish, and Farsi, and am looking to expand my skill set. Seeing as I already have to go so far into the language, I was considering just minoring in French to give me a competitive edge in grad school (deciding between global business/law). Is taking summer courses in French 5 and 6 next year manageable? I noticed that they don't follow the normal Session A or Session B schedule as they only last a couple weeks of instruction. I like to think I have a knack and picking up a language, but I'm not sure whether it's really possible to get the most out of the course within just two weeks. Has anyone else taken a foreign language course over the summer? If you have any advice for me, I'd be very appreciative! :)
This discussion has been closed.