right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UCSC Waitlist 2020

Replies to: UCSC Waitlist 2020

• quarateenquarateen 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey! I heard that UCLA started letting IS students off, has anyone heard anything from Santa Cruz? And do you think they're gonna let more people than normal off due to COVID-19
    · Reply · Share
  • RiordacRiordac 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Hopefully the first wave will happen this week. It’s hard to tell if more students will be accepted off waitlist. Visas for international students are unclear so that may open up spots. But, some students are choosing to stay closer so home so that may increase CA acceptance of offers. Wishing everyone luck:)
    · Reply · Share
  • AnarchaicAnarchaic 6 replies4 threads New Member
    When did waitlists come out in 2019?
    · Reply · Share
    Last year the first round was sent out May 10th
    · Reply · Share
  • karelyaguilarkarelyaguilar 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I am currently on the waitlist too and I was wondering if admissions base your chances of getting in by stats or wherever you are on the waiting list. Also, for provisional acceptances, do they look at the end of your semester 2 grades or wherever your grades happen to be when they check? Hopefully they take in more students due to covid though
    · Reply · Share
    I'm not sure if it's by stats or where we are, but I do know that they look at end of semester 2 grades :) good luck everyone!!
    · Reply · Share
    My son was just accepted off of the waitlist. Did not yet receive an email but was in the portal under admission status. Japanese major SAT 1490 GPA 3.5
    · Reply · Share
    I was just accepted off the waitlist. Didn't receive email, Neuroscience major 1110 SAT and 3.89 GPA.
    · Reply · Share
  • honeybeedoorshoneybeedoors 75 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited May 4
    Son was accepted off the waitlist. He has until May 9th to decide.
    Computer Science

UC Unweighted GPA: 3.86
    UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.23
    UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.23
    ELC (top 9%): My school does not rank

Comments about course load:
    SAT 1300 (710 Math, 590 Critical Reading)
    SAT Subject Tests: Chemistry 700, Math2 670
    AP exams: Chemistry(4), AP Comp Sci Principles(5), currently enrolled in CalcBC, Physics, Comp Sci

State: In State
    High school type: Public

Applied for need-based financial aid?: No
    Pell grant eligible?: No
    Maximum Pell grant (FAFSA EFC = $0)? No

Highest level of parent education: Masters
    Living with both, one, or no parents?: Both
    edited May 4
    · Reply · Share
  • Lrm91602Lrm91602 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Accepted off of the waitlist for Biology. 3.9 gpa 1300 SAT. Instate
    · Reply · Share
  • JennifercsufJennifercsuf 5 replies0 threads New Member
    My son just got off the waitlist for applied physics.
    · Reply · Share
  • littleducklittleduck 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I was just accepted off the waitlist for my major Literature! I had a 27 ACT and 3.4-3.5ish GPA
    · Reply · Share
  • 24jjbby24jjbby 2 replies0 threads New Member
    just got off waitlist
    Human bio major, 1330 sat and 3.6 UW. Go slugs!
    · Reply · Share
  • norcalparentnorcalparent 106 replies0 threads Junior Member
    D just got off waitlist for Psychology
    SAT 1280
    UC GPA 4.04
    Lots of EEC
    She will not accept - already submitted deposit to UC Davis, while still hoping for UCSB to change their mind on her appeal.
    · Reply · Share
  • aggiefernaggiefern 4 replies1 threads New Member
    I JUST GOT OFF THE WAITLIST! I got the email at 4:32 pm, but I just read it now!
    Major: Cognitive Science
    GPA: 3.41 W (no AP's)
    SAT:1110
    lots of extracurricular activities, volunteer work, job, strong essays.
    I'm so happy! Congratulations to all of you and your families! 🍌 🐌
    · Reply · Share
  • momenormomenor 2 replies0 threads New Member
    edited May 4
    Hi! Super stressing out about UCSC, I'm on the waitlist with a 3.9 GPA and 1100 SAT score. It's a little unclear to me if the waitlist is ranked or if this is purely based on luck. And I am wondering if most schools are getting more students off the waitlist because of COVID-19. Due to deferring and general uncertainty if school is starting in person this fall. And since "getting off the waitlist" will last until mid-June, does that mean there will be more rejections at the end of May/early June? Or is that just something hard to predict? I applied for the film program but even in past forums, I don't see a lot of info about people getting off the waitlist for any "artsy" majors so I'm a little worried about that. Anyways, congrats to everyone who did get off the waitlist! This is a super helpful forum :^)
    edited May 4
    · Reply · Share
  • collegescaresme32collegescaresme32 14 replies13 threads Junior Member
    Hi everyone! I was accepted off the waitlist today for human biology! I will most likely be declining so hopefully that opens a spot for someone else. Good luck to everyone! :)

Stats:
    28 ACT
    3.8/4.2 GPA
    14 APs/Honors
    Lots of EC's
    · Reply · Share
  • veeradveerad 4 replies0 threads New Member
    My son accepted off of the waitlist. He received an email at 4:20 PM.
    CS Major, UCGPA 3.95, SAT 1490. 7 Aps. Good EC's
    · Reply · Share
  • playboycartiplayboycarti 8 replies1 threads New Member
    edited May 5
    Just got off the waitlist at around 4 pm! I wrote an appeal about my senior year grades improving significantly, but that got denied. Uc weighted gpa: 3.67, SAT: 1300, major: marine bio, strong essays, good amount of extra curriculars. Feeling #boss rn. Gl to everyone still on the waitlist - 62% got off the waitlist last year and I except that this year even more are going to be accepted from the waitlist due to covid.
    edited May 5
    · Reply · Share
  • taliajgtaliajg 1 replies0 threads New Member
    edited May 5
    Got off the waitlist for History of Art and Visual Culture. Weighted GPA is 3.35 and ACT is 28. I also submitted an appeal which was rejected, but may have helped show continued interest
    edited May 5
    · Reply · Share