right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UCSC Waitlist 2020

Replies to: UCSC Waitlist 2020

• mjpcollegemjpcollege 1 replies0 threads New Member
    My d has got off the waitlist yesterday into CS major. Weighted GPA: 4.28, SAT:1410
    · Reply · Share
  • honeybeedoorshoneybeedoors 75 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @mjpcollege : Have you had any success finding a "Course Map" for computer science at UCSC?
    The best I can find is a flow chart (prerequisite order) with a blank schedule.
    Link: https://undergrad.soe.ucsc.edu/sites/default/files/curriculum-charts/2018-07/CS_BS_18-19.pdf

Other schools like UCR and CPP have these template schedules that are very helpful.
    Links:
    https://student.engr.ucr.edu/sites/g/files/rcwecm1536/files/2019-10/2019_encs.pdf
    https://www.cpp.edu/academic-programs/academic-advising/tools/sheets-roadmaps/2018-2019/roadmaps/sci/computer_science,_b.s..pdf
    · Reply · Share
  • SP5702SP5702 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Got off the waitlist yesterday afternoon. Major - Computer Science. I have already put a deposit at my best choice as of May 1st. UCSC's deadline for accepting the waitlist offer is this Saturday. I'm waitlisted and still waiting to hear from UCSD and Cal Poly. If I am interested in UCSC do I have to put in a deposit this week if I don't hear from other waitlists. And then risk losing a second deposit if I hear from Cal Poly or UCSD next week. Santa Cruz's exploding offer is unfriendly and could cost me another lost deposit. Any Ideas?
    · Reply · Share
  • honeybeedoorshoneybeedoors 75 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @SP5702
    Yes. Pretty much you lose your deposit for your May 1st SIR school if you accept UCSC's offer. Then you lose your UCSC deposit if you select one of UCSD/SLO, etc.

In regard to ideas, I suggest you review the UCSC courses and compare with your May 1st SIR school. IMHO, UCSC curriculum chart is a maze and is very difficult to compare....not something that will turn out positive if you start comparing on Saturday.
    · Reply · Share
  • pandabear111pandabear111 14 replies0 threads New Member
    Got off wait list on 5/5 at 6 pm for CS
    4.0 weighted GPA
    32 ACT
    · Reply · Share
  • JennifercsufJennifercsuf 5 replies0 threads New Member
    edited May 6
    @SP5702 Unfortunately, it’s the cost of doing business. You may lose some money but ask yourself is UCSC better than your first choice? If the answer is yes, you probably should accept. If a better option opens up, then you may need to switch again. Yes, you’ll lose deposits but you need to do what’s right for your future. Really look at your major and the college ranking for that major. I would choose the school that ranks higher than the other because it will have more credibility when you go to look for your career. Good luck! You’ll make the right choice for you.
    edited May 6
    · Reply · Share
  • sff123sff123 9 replies1 threads New Member
    Anyone have an idea of when the next wave of waitlist decisions will come out? Im really stressing about this:(
    · Reply · Share
  • Tapioca255Tapioca255 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Is there a UCSC Transfer Waitlist thread?
    · Reply · Share
  • sexysluggsexyslugg 1 replies0 threads New Member
    edited May 6
    Hey guys! Does anyone know how they're releasing waitlists this year? I'm a business major and appealed (denied). Still haven't heard anything. Any ideas of when the next wave is coming?
    edited May 6
    · Reply · Share
  • SoCalParent2020SoCalParent2020 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Son got accepted off waitlist on 5/4 - just didn't see the email til today!! Marine Bio major.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegescaresme32collegescaresme32 14 replies13 threads Junior Member
    Hi everyone! I just declined my admission offer from the waitlist so hopefully that opens a spot for someone else. Good luck to everyone :)!
    · Reply · Share
  • BreadButter33BreadButter33 22 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Got accepted on 5/4 to NeuroScience Major!
    · Reply · Share
  • parent65parent65 3 replies1 threads New Member
    Son got accepted off the wait list on May 3rd! Computer Engineering, 4.15 & 1380. He is going to UCSC!! He had SIR to UCR previously (admitted to EE and then switched to CE!).
    · Reply · Share
    @ sff123
    Those that got accepted off the first round have to decide by midnight Saturday. I’m guessing the next round will go out next week.
    · Reply · Share
  • SnailtoeastSnailtoeast 16 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Got off the waitlist to Bio Major! UCSC or UCR for bio? Decision by tomorrow.
    · Reply · Share
  • QueenCal37QueenCal37 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anyone know when the next wave is? I have a friend who got off the waitlist on the 4th, and we're the same major, but I haven't heard anything yet. My major is psychology, my GPA is 3.8, and my SAT is 1070
    · Reply · Share
    @QueenCal37
    Probably this next week.. The first wait-listed group has to accept by today at midnight.
    · Reply · Share
  • LaterCreature11LaterCreature11 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I got my waitlist decision on may 4th as well as my friend
    · Reply · Share