Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Are there scholarships for incoming freshmen?

jlozada1107jlozada1107 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
I'm attending UCF for the fall 2013 term.
I wanted to know if anyone knows of any scholarships/grants I could get either now or very soon. If you know anything about financial help please let me know as well!!!
Post edited by jlozada1107 on

Replies to: Are there scholarships for incoming freshmen?

• TheTicksTheTicks Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    In state or out of state?

In state-

National Merit ->Automatically granted to any National Merit finalists. No other way to get it. ~$64,000 over 4 years + automatic acceptance to honors + a free laptop from the campus store.

Provost Scholarship ->Highest non-national merit scholarship. ~$24,000 over 4 years

Pegasus Gold/Silver/Bronze -> Range between $5,000 and $10,000 (I think) over 4 years.

Grant wise, you can get Pell Grant, depending on how much money your family makes (up to $5,500 a year) and other grants that will automatically be given when your financial aid packet comes out.

All of these are given to you automatically. No application necessary, you just have to wait.
  • dfloridadflorida Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    If you check your student center on myucf, they've given out scholarships already. Just click on "scholarship status". I don't know if they've notified everyone getting a scholarship who's been accepted already, but I myself and someof my friends have gotten pegasus awards in the past few days.
This discussion has been closed.