right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

2020 UCF Acceptance/Scholarship Thread

Replies to: 2020 UCF Acceptance/Scholarship Thread

• notamandanotamanda 1 replies0 threads New Member
    My DS was awarded Pegasus Gold. We are OOS. So from what I’m seeing that may equate to $7500 each year off OOS tuition, right?
    · Reply · Share
  • OceanIsleOceanIsle 300 replies14 threads Member
    Does anyone know if UCF gives much need based aid?
    · Reply · Share
  • Mom2NNDMom2NND 208 replies13 threads Junior Member
    @notamanda 2 years ago the Pegasus Gold for OOS was 38K over 4 years (so $9500 per year off the OOS tuition)
    · Reply · Share
  • vannevkavannevka 32 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Island60 wrote: »
    So, do they award the scholarships in the order that applications were received? So those hearing now are maybe Sept/Oct?

I applied end of September and was awarded Pegasus Bronze for OOS. They do tell you to apply as early as possible for a chance at scholarships so they probably review on rolling basis and when money is gone, its gone.

I didn't expect anything as my GPA/test scores were just below their average. But essays demonstrated strong interest and good extracurriculars. So I'm excited to get even a little bit.
    · Reply · Share
    edited December 2019
    @vannevka , that’s great news for you - Congrats! Where can I find their stats? Not expecting merit for my son but just wondering since you said your scores were just below their average.
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • vannevkavannevka 32 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Thank you!
    The freshman profile for 2019 is here https://www.ucf.edu/admissions/undergraduate/freshman/
    Avg GPA 4.17, SAT 1330 and ACT 29
    I'm not sure what my recalc GPA is exactly but right around 4.0W and my ACT was 28. So I certainly didn't expect anything.
    · Reply · Share
  • casmitcasmit 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Term:
    Date Applied:9/2019
    Found out yet?yes
    Decision: Yes

In State/Out of State: instate

Unweighted GPA: 4.0
    Weighted GPA: 4.6
    ACT/SAT scores: 1470

Community Service Hours: 300
    Extra-curricular:

Type and amount of Scholarship Awarded: Provost

Are you accepting admission? Undecided

Question: awarded 100% Bright Futures, UCF Provost scholarship. Also have Florida Prepaid (plus local fees) and 2 year local dorm plan. Will provost be reduced or Given to student if COA is Less than prepaid, provost, bf? Prepaid isn’t aid and It was an investment. I called UCF and they couldn’t answer my question.
    · Reply · Share
  • JamesInWestonJamesInWeston 9 replies2 threads New Member
    My S received offer today:

Term: Applied for Fall 2020, offered Summer 2020
    Date Applied: 09-29-2019
    Found out yet? Yes, on 12-12-2019
    Decision: Offered admission Summer 2020

In State/Out of State: In-state

Unweighted GPA: 3.6875
    Weighted GPA: 4.4091
    (top third of class)
    ACT/SAT scores: SAT super 1180

Community Service Hours: 100
    Extra-curricular: Cyber Security Club, UNICEF

Type and amount of Scholarship Awarded: TBD

Are you accepting admission? Most likely.

As the Dad, I have questions about Summer term financial aid; some already answered at UCF Website, others hopefully after a few phone calls. UCF was his first choice, everybody celebrating!
    · Reply · Share
  • RG1972RG1972 3 replies1 threads New Member
    Hello, I am very new to this process as my son is a Junior and first kid going to college. NMS and NMSF get scholarship from all colleges or just from the first choice? Greatly appreciate your help on this
    · Reply · Share
    @RG1972 , only the college you list as your first choice will offer the big NMF scholarship (like UCF does). It’s a requirement.

Other schools may award smaller amounts which may not be contingent upon the top choice designation. You have until May 1st to decide (double check that though) and be sure not to miss the deadline. Congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
  • marisahartmarisahart 5 replies0 threads New Member
    @JamesInWeston
    Congrats ! Was your son deferred first and then accepted for summer?
    · Reply · Share
  • RG1972RG1972 3 replies1 threads New Member
    @oceanicole Thanks a lot for your reply and the info.
    · Reply · Share
    On 11-06-19 status was deferred, but a week later the word "deferred" was dropped and was simply "under review".
    · Reply · Share
  • MSDXCmomMSDXCmom 2 replies0 threads New Member
    @JamesInWeston That is so weird-that happened to my son too! He was deferred in Nov, and a week later it went back to "under initial review". Have not gotten a decision yet.
    · Reply · Share
    Based on my son's experience, you could have a decision soon. It seems they are now making decisions on the pool of applicants that would have been in the bottom half of last year's freshman class (my son's super scored SAT is 1180).
    · Reply · Share
  • MSDXCmomMSDXCmom 2 replies0 threads New Member
    My sons superscore was also a 1180. I don't know if he will go if he is offered summer, he has been accepted to FGCU, FAU, UWF, UNF and USF so he most likely will go there since FGCU was really his first choice anyway. BUt he did like UCF alot so we just wanted to see if he even had a chance of getting admitted. We will see!
    · Reply · Share
  • Island60Island60 10 replies0 threads New Member
    We have been waiting on Merit Scholarship news. My child's stats are the same as another on here that received but that person was OOS....we are in state. Could that factor in? Application went in during Oct and accepted 1st week of Nov. Do you think there is a chance Merit offer still could come or has the window passed? Also, we have not filled out the FAFSA as of yet. Is that needed prior to awarding of Merit Scholarships?
    · Reply · Share
  • CollegeWonCollegeWon 28 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I applied over 4 week ago. When should I get my decisions as an oos?
    · Reply · Share
  • Roscoe66Roscoe66 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Term: Fall 2020
    Date Applied: 10/30/19
    Found out yet? Yes
    Decision: Accepted

In State/Out of State: Out Of State

Unweighted GPA: 94
    Weighted GPA: N/A
    ACT/SAT scores: 33/1490

Community Service Hours: 100
    Extra-curricular: Band, Theater, Stage crew, Speech and Debate, Track and Field - Captain, Basketball

Type and amount of Scholarship Awarded: Nothing yet

Are you accepting admission? Not Sure - Is first choice but have received significant scholarships from other schools.

· Reply · Share
  • Roscoe66Roscoe66 6 replies0 threads New Member
    For those of you who have received scholarships. Did it come with acceptance letter?
    · Reply · Share