right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

2020 UCF Acceptance/Scholarship Thread

Replies to: 2020 UCF Acceptance/Scholarship Thread

• vannevkavannevka 31 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Roscoe66 wrote: »
    For those of you who have received scholarships. Did it come with acceptance letter?

It was separate from acceptance letter. First showed up in portal and then received letter.
    · Reply · Share
  • chipsanddip1234chipsanddip1234 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Term: Fall
    Date Applied: 10/17/19
    Found out yet? Yes
    Decision: Accepted

In State/Out of State: In State

Unweighted GPA: 3.97
    Weighted GPA: 5.07
    ACT/SAT scores: 34/1460

Community Service Hours: 1750 +
    Extra-curricular: HOSA, NHS, SHAPE, NEHS, Research Project, Science Club, etc.

Type and amount of Scholarship Awarded: Provost ($30,000? Haven't received the letter yet)

Are you accepting admission?
    Most likely, but still waiting on other decisions.
    · Reply · Share
  • JanbsilJanbsil 34 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Still waiting. Says they need more tile to compare him to other applicants.

· Reply · Share
  • OceanIsleOceanIsle 294 replies14 threads Member
    edited December 2019
    Does anyone know when UCF will release Financial Aid info? (Not merit, Financial Aid). Their website says March but I’m hoping that’s the latest scenario for kids in Rolling Admissions. Other schools have either already provided it or given a Jan/Feb timeframe.

Has anyone heard of it happening sooner? Basically I want to know if it’s worth visiting since we are OOS. Can’t determine that until we know COA versus the other options.

Son was accepted 10/3.
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • Island60Island60 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Posting again.....We have been waiting on Merit Scholarship news. My child's stats are the same as another on here that received but that person was OOS....we are in state. Could that factor in? Application went in during Oct and accepted 1st week of Nov. Do you think there is a chance Merit offer still could come or has the window passed? Also, we have not filled out the FAFSA as of yet. Is that needed prior to awarding of Merit Scholarships?
    · Reply · Share
  • weldmelweldmel 13 replies0 threads New Member
    My daughter applied 10/31 and we were waiting. I had to call because the portal kept saying transcript and test scores were not received though I had confirmation they were sent way ahead of time. Once I called they did some digging and then miraculously they told me they found it and that the portal would reflect the info soon. The portal updated a few days afterwards and we also got a letter from UCF to submit proof of Florida residency which we sent it right away. So now we are just waiting.
    · Reply · Share
  • user_459724user_459724 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I have a 1410 SAT, over 500 community service hours, 10 extra curriculars with leadership positions in 6. I really would like to receive a scholarship from UCF, but I did not write my UCF supplementals, do you think I will receive a scholarship?
    · Reply · Share
  • user_459724user_459724 2 replies0 threads New Member
    did you write the optional supplementals?
    · Reply · Share
  • voyagermomvoyagermom 208 replies13 threads Junior Member
    @user_459724 , my daughter did write the optional supplementals. No idea how much that influences if someone gets merit aid from UCF or not though, sorry.
    · Reply · Share
  • Roscoe66Roscoe66 6 replies0 threads New Member
    My son emailed UCF about scholarships this was the reply he received:

The Scholarship Committee will be reviewing students for merit awards in two rounds. The first round was completed on December 1st and the second round will be completed late this month. If you do not hear back regarding a scholarship offer by mid-February please send me an email and at that time and I’ll be happy to look into this further
    · Reply · Share
  • Abrooke0131Abrooke0131 3 replies1 threads New Member
    Okay so I applied to UCF on 12-12-2019 (later than I wanted to but oh well) It is literally my #1 choice, dream school, whatever you wanna call it. But my SAT scores are below their average. If you can give any feedback or advice, please do!!

OOS
    GPA W- 4.1
    GPA UW- 3.9
    SAT- 1100
    When I graduate I will have 37 DE Credits
    EC- Senior Beta Club Chapter Secretary, NTHS Vice president, NHS member, SkillsUSA President (2018-2019), SADD member, SGA representative (9th-12th) Class officer (9th-11th), 4-H camp volunteer for 5 years, 100 hrs of Community service as a fair queen, and church nursery and VBS volunteer for 3 years

I did exceptionally well in my DE courses ( all A's one B )and I have gotten principals list/honor roll my entire life

I applied for the Fall term but I am ok if I can get into the summer term. I also applied with my major as BSN, and I know that they might change that.
    I feel very confident on my personal response answer because I have been through ALOT more than a usual person in my life so far and it has changed me drastically as a person.
    · Reply · Share
  • forestmapleforestmaple 26 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Hey I just got accepted into UCF! I'm a bit confused though. Do they send their scholarship and/or honors college offers when they update your application status? Or does all of that come later? And, if so, about how much time does it take?
    Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • rebeccam31rebeccam31 12 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey I just got accepted into UCF! I'm a bit confused though. Do they send their scholarship and/or honors college offers when they update your application status? Or does all of that come later? And, if so, about how much time does it take?
    Thanks!

Congratulations! There is a post on this thread just a bit above yours that says the next scholarship determinations will be made at the end of this month and that you should hear by mid-February at the latest. Good luck to you!
    · Reply · Share
    rebeccam31 wrote: »
    Thanks!

Congratulations! There is a post on this thread just a bit above yours that says the next scholarship determinations will be made at the end of this month and that you should hear by mid-February at the latest. Good luck to you!

Also, if you are willing, would you share your stats (GPA, SAT, etc.)? We are still waiting to hear about my daughter's admission. We had some issues getting her test scores in the hands of the admissions committee (loooong story), and they only just showed as updated yesterday.
    · Reply · Share
    edited January 9
    @rebeccam31 Thank you so much!!

And oh, I didn't see that, thanks!

I applied from OOS on Oct 18th.
    SAT superscore= 1360
    Weighted GPA= 4.22
    10 AP classes
    5 Honors classes

And oof good luck to you too! I had the same problems so I understand. I'm glad you got all of that figured out.
    edited January 9
    · Reply · Share
    @rebeccam31 Thank you so much!!

And oh, I didn't see that, thanks!

I applied from OOS on Oct 18th.
    SAT superscore= 1360
    Weighted GPA= 4.22

And oof good luck to you too! I had the same problems so I understand. I'm glad you got all of that figured out.

Thanks for sharing! Congrats again and fingers crossed you get some merit aid!
    · Reply · Share
  • payurrpayurr 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Term: Summer B(starts 06/24/20)
    Date Applied: 10/20/19
    Found out yet? Yes, Nov 3rd week.
    Decision: Accepted

In State/Out of State: In State

Weighted GPA: 4.2
    ACT/SAT scores: 27/1250
    IB program and will be getting ID diploma
    Pre-IB + AP classes: 12+
    IB classes: 8

Community Service Hours: 190 hours
    Extra-curricular: HS Band, Club - Odyssey of Mind(state 4th), Honors Society, and Dance

Type and amount of Scholarship Awarded: Awaiting notification.

Are you accepting admission? Yes, but waiting on other colleges
    · Reply · Share
  • rhodenprhodenp 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Term: Fall 2020
    Date Applied: 10/30/19
    Found out yet: Nope
    Decision: Still waiting

In State
    4.2 Weighted
    SAT: 1130

1 AP/ 4 Honors/ 18 Dual Enrollment (graduating with Associates Degree April 2020).

Extracurricular: Band, Student Council.

I have already been accepted to USF, FAU, UNF, and a couple private universities. I’m unsure of what to do as it’s taken a really long time for a school on rolling admissions. I only know one person at my school who’s been accepted so far. It took UCF almost 6 weeks just to get my fee waiver and they’re still claiming they havent gotten my most recent SAT scores that I sent in November.
    · Reply · Share
    Does anyone know when UCF lets us know about financial aid? Not scholarships, but like actual financial aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • OceanIsleOceanIsle 294 replies14 threads Member
    @forestmaple ,

I emailed UCF to ask that question and here was the response:

“Thank you for contacting the Office of Student Financial Assistance.

Financial Aid for students for the 2020-2021 Aid year will be packaged in March/April. We, unfortunately, cannot expedite this process. Please continue to monitor your myUCF for any updates/changes to your file. If you would like to get information regarding the costs associated with UCF, please contact the Office of Student Accounts for they are the department that deals with tuition and fees.

I hope this information was of assistance to you. Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact us back.”
    · Reply · Share