Unweighted GPA: 3.80
    Weighted GPA: 5.08
    ACT/SAT scores: 1290 SAT

Community Service Hours: 101
    Extra-curricular:

Type and amount of Scholarship Awarded:

Are you accepting admission?
    Depends on UF and FSU decisions.

I will be graduating high school having done 56 Dual Enrollment credits / 17 courses. Having completed 14 courses thus far, I have earned all A's and only one B.
    edited January 16
    · Reply · Share
  • Island60Island60 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Can I read anything into the fact that in the UCF portal that the Scholarship icon just shows the loading wheel today and doesn’t go to the page? Could they be updating?
    · Reply · Share
  • OceanIsleOceanIsle 295 replies14 threads Member
    edited January 20
    I’ve never seen the scholarship icon (nor am I expecting any scholarship). Where is it on your portal? I’m assuming this is for students who have been notified of scholarships already?
    edited January 20
    · Reply · Share
    It is under undergraduate admissions.
    · Reply · Share
    edited January 20
    I’m looking from my iPhone and don’t see anything like that, though did you accept the offer of admission yet? That could also be a difference. I’m curious to check from my laptop though. I’d be shocked if they offer a scholarship but I’m still curious to see if the button appears for everyone. Good luck!

Edited to add: I see it now! The scholarship line shows when I view it from my laptop. Mystery solved. Thanks.
    edited January 20
    · Reply · Share
    edited January 20
    So I see that in the “Your Holds” section it lists a Tax 1098T Alert, but when I go in and follow the directions (to accept e-delivery) it says I’m unauthorized. Obviously I can’t fix this if it doesn’t allow me through. Anyone else have a hold on their account when they click on Holds/To Do?
    edited January 20
    · Reply · Share
    I have the Tax 1098T alert as well. .....With the same unauthorized message. What do you think that’s about?
    · Reply · Share
    edited January 20
    Did you enroll/pay your enrollment deposit? I wonder if students are unauthorized if they aren’t yet enrolled.

Or else UCF could just be in the process of working on financial aid, scholarships, etc.

1098-T forms are more for the students to use when filing taxes (to prove you paid tuition and/or eligible expenses) when determining whether the person is eligible for applicable tax credits.

I’d love to read into it and think that UCF is going to offer grants or funding, but this probably isn’t why they have this message/process. ;)
    edited January 20
    · Reply · Share
  • NYCmamaof3NYCmamaof3 14 replies0 threads New Member
    My son’s MyUCF Is is not working at all. Doesn’t recognize his NID number. He was accepted in November and it was working yesterday!!
    · Reply · Share
    @NYCmamaof3 , we’ve had that happen periodically. The solution for us was that we needed to change the password.
    · Reply · Share
  • NYCmamaof3NYCmamaof3 14 replies0 threads New Member
    Thank you. That worked!!
    · Reply · Share
  • JamesInWestonJamesInWeston 9 replies2 threads New Member
    OceanIsle wrote: »
    @forestmaple ,

I emailed UCF to ask that question and here was the response:

“Thank you for contacting the Office of Student Financial Assistance.

Financial Aid for students for the 2020-2021 Aid year will be packaged in March/April. We, unfortunately, cannot expedite this process. Please continue to monitor your myUCF for any updates/changes to your file. If you would like to get information regarding the costs associated with UCF, please contact the Office of Student Accounts for they are the department that deals with tuition and fees.

I hope this information was of assistance to you. Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact us back.”

Please note, for freshmen entering Summer 2020 (like my son), UCF Financial Aid advised us that Summer 2020 financial aid will be packaged in late April/May (in response to emailed question).
    · Reply · Share
    @JamesInWeston , that is so late! Makes it almost impossible to plan/budget or even decide if the school is feasible (at least for OOS students). Thanks for the info.
    · Reply · Share
  • JamesInWestonJamesInWeston 9 replies2 threads New Member
    OceanIsle wrote: »
    @JamesInWeston , that is so late! Makes it almost impossible to plan/budget or even decide if the school is feasible (at least for OOS students). Thanks for the info.

Agreed. Again, this is financial aid (loans, grants) package, not scholarships. I lucked out with a son who works part-time in fine dining restaurant making (and saving for UCF) more money each week than my full-time pre-school teacher wife.
    · Reply · Share
  • forestmapleforestmaple 26 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @rebeccam31 That's awesome! Congratulations :)
    · Reply · Share
  • rebeccam31rebeccam31 12 replies0 threads New Member

Thank you so much! I can't wait for her to see!
    · Reply · Share
  • weldmelweldmel 13 replies0 threads New Member
    @rebeccam31 Congrats!!! We are still waiting.....did they notify by email ?
    · Reply · Share
  • rebeccam31rebeccam31 12 replies0 threads New Member

Thank you so much! I can't wait for her to see!
    weldmel wrote: »

No, in fact it's almost 24 hours later and she still hasn't been notified by email. We found it by checking the portal. Fingers crossed for your daughter as well!
    · Reply · Share
  • forestmapleforestmaple 26 replies1 threads Junior Member
    weldmel wrote: »

I got accepted 2 weeks ago and they didn't email me at any point. I just had to constantly check my application portal.
    · Reply · Share