right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

2020 UCF Acceptance/Scholarship Thread

Replies to: 2020 UCF Acceptance/Scholarship Thread

• Roscoe66Roscoe66 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Still nothing
    · Reply · Share
  • forestmapleforestmaple 26 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Hm do you guys know where we'd have to check to see? Like once we log into myucf where do we go?
    · Reply · Share
  • OceanIsleOceanIsle 294 replies14 threads Member
    @forestmaple , I’ve seen people report that Aid was in their To Do section.
    · Reply · Share
    Hey again, do any of you guys know about the F-L.E.A.R.N program at UCF? I see that participants receive priority registration and a scholarship. Does anyone happen to know how much that scholarship is worth?
    · Reply · Share
  • matthewkropmatthewkrop 10 replies2 threads New Member
    Term: Summer
    Date Applied: September 14
    Found out yet? Yes, February 13
    Decision: ACCEPTED

In State/Out of State: In State

Unweighted GPA: 3.38
    Weighted GPA: 4.27
    ACT/SAT scores: 1120

Community Service Hours: 359

Are you accepting admission? Yes
    I was deferred back in October and had checked my portal over 5 times today and I checked when I got home from school to see my acceptance!
    · Reply · Share
    edited February 13
    @matthewkrop , CONGRATULATIONS!! I remember you from before on this board and am so happy for you. Way to go. :smiley:
    edited February 13
    · Reply · Share
    @OceanIsle thank you !! I really appreciate it:)
    · Reply · Share
  • blakeboybblakeboyb 1 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 14
    Date Applied: January 22nd
    Found out yet: Not yet

In State

UW: 3.3
    W: 3.7
    ACT: 25
    9 AP Classes

Community Service: I directed a documentary for a Non-Profit Drug Rehab Facility

Extra Curricular: Varsity Theater (4 years, Broadcast Journalism, A/V Club. Decathlon.

Leadership: Directed a team of 12 people on a documentary.

I already got into FAU!
    Do I have a shot for Summer?

edited February 14
    · Reply · Share
  • rebeccam31rebeccam31 12 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 14

Date Applied: September 14
    Found out yet? Yes, February 13

Unweighted GPA: 3.38
    Weighted GPA: 4.27
    ACT/SAT scores: 1120

Community Service Hours: 359

Are you accepting admission? Yes
    I was deferred back in October and had checked my portal over 5 times today and I checked when I got home from school to see my acceptance!

Aw, so happy for you!!
    edited February 14
    · Reply · Share
    @rebeccam31 thank you!😃
    · Reply · Share
    Any scholarship news??
    · Reply · Share
  • malaykmalayk 60 replies12 threads Junior Member
    Has anyone heard back on the second round of scholarship decisions? I thought they were supposed to go out around the 14th?
    · Reply · Share
  • jenericjeneric 284 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Just some numbers from 2018 for scholarship. Someone reported that UCF told them that the minimum for scholarship was 1290- SAT which I think is a 27 ACT. It seemed that the lowest GPA was around 3.8 that reported getting a scholarship. The higher the SAT/ACT the lower the GPA could be and vice versa.

D18- who had a 4.3 GPA UCF recalculated and a 1230 SAT- got nothing. I believe the numbers have gone up since then.
    · Reply · Share
    @jeneric , thank you for the info. Do you know if UCF gives much (or any) need-based Financial Aid? We are OOS and I’m not going to book a trip to visit UCF if the price stands as-is, as the COA is too high.
    · Reply · Share
  • krissamkrissam 3 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 18
    We found after so many followups with UCF that he got only Pegaus Bronze Scholarship ($6k for 4 years). This is peanut when compared to his friends who got Provost ($30k) who got lower GPA and lower rank in school and lower SAT score.

UCF Scholarship is 100% scam. They are doing everything to pocket donors money by giving scholarship on first come first serve basis without looking into merit credentials. It's not MERIT scholarship. Neither it's financial need based Scholarship. I was expecting Provost scholarship but I got fraction of what my son deserves.

In fact, we were asked to provide other college scholarships and we sent USF scholarship details that we received ($22k) for matching. But, its of no use. The only reason UCF will claim is that they dont have enough money now (2nd round) to give as much scholarship as they gave out already in 1st round of scholarship. It's illogical and daylight robbery. We cannot question them as it's their policy and they can do whatever they want regarding scholarship!!!

Whoever applied before last week of October got all the best scholarship and they are running out of funds now as too many people applied for UCF during last week of October (along with UF application deadline 1st Nov/31st Oct) and that's what one of the reason they claim for lack of funds now.

My S crendentials:
    Term: Fall
    Date Applied: October 31
    Found out yet? Yes, 1st week of December

Unweighted GPA: 3.75 (14 APs, 6 DEs and all other Honors courses)
    Weighted GPA: 4.38
    ACT/SAT scores: 1440

Community Service Hours: 400 +

Marching Band Leader, NHS and Science Club President, Science Olympiad winner, MUN club and lot of other club leading position.

I am very disappointed and dont think that UCF is worth considering because of their fraudulent policy and rules.
    edited February 18
    · Reply · Share
  • jenericjeneric 284 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @OceanIsle I don't have any information- we didn't fill out the FAFSA because we knew we would not qualify. Maybe call the financial aid office and inquire and tell them you are holding off on a visit?

@krissam I can understand your disappointment, UCF does state the earlier you apply the better chance at scholarship. It's part of the rolling admission issue. All schools run out of money for scholarship, if they had one acceptance date, they could look at everyone and award accordingly.

I am not saying this is true in your son's case, but UCF recalculates the GPA- so it's possible that the other kids are more competitive than you think or applied to different majors, in which their numbers are competitive. Or they applied before the first awarding of merit- which seems to be the case. Or the field was more competitive this time around. Who knows- that's part of the frustration I'm sure!

Looks like he has a nice offer from USF- they showed him the love!
    · Reply · Share
  • vannevkavannevka 31 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @krissam I'm confused at how their policy is a scam and what you mean by pocketing donor money.
    I visited UCF last summer and the guy who gave the information session made it absolutely clear that scholarship money is first come/first served so he really emphasized that you should send in your application as early as possible. So if someone ignored that and waited to send in their application at the same time as the normal deadline for other schools, how is that UCF's fault?

· Reply · Share
    I’m confused. Don’t instate kids with high stats like @krissam ‘s student qualify for Bright Futures? I’m OOS so obviously I don’t understand how it all works.
    · Reply · Share
  • JimDadinmiaJimDadinmia 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @Oceanisle, yes. Krissam's son's SAT score easily qualifies for 100% Bright Futures.

And the great thing about Bright Futures is that you get it no matter what other financial aid you get, or if you have Florida Prepaid. Some kids actually graduate with money in the bank because of Bright Futures.
    · Reply · Share
  • krissamkrissam 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi OceanIsle, my son is qualified for Bright Futures. At the same time, universities also give their own scholarship. This UCF scholarship is no more merit or need based and that is what I found out from my experience. Scholarships are stackable and so, kids with high stats get more than just one scholarship in Florida and this is quite normal.
    · Reply · Share