Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Possible Transfer student to UCF

theatrestudenttheatrestudent Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I am a freshman at Boston University in the School of Theatre as a Stage Management major. The program at BU is an intensive pre-professional study program, which I knew when I applied. But while I have been here I have realized that I don't want to be a Stage Manager, I want to teach theatre at the high school level. The only problem is that BU doesn't have a program for that. So I am looking at transferring to schools around Orlando. I like the big city and the weather (I am originally from Texas). UCF has a great Theatre Studies program and I would be able to double major in History, which has always been another passion of mine.

My main issues are that at BU I have an enormous financial aid package and I am worried that I will not receive any financial aid at UCF because I am an out of state transfer student. If I even get in.

Last spring I got accepted to Boston University, NYU Tisch, Wagner College, Fordham University, University of Miami and some other schools for Theatre. I received some kind of financial aid at all schools (NYU was a surprise) and I ended up choosing BU because they offered me a substantial aid package. I didn't apply to any public universities.

So what are my chances of getting in and getting aid?

Has anyone heard of Rollins College in Winter Park? Do they have a good theater program? They are private, so I know that I would get at least some financial aid. Just another option.
This discussion has been closed.