Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rosen College Hospitality

2»

Replies to: Rosen College Hospitality

• JerseyShoreMomJerseyShoreMom Registered User Posts: 964 Member
    D is a freshman on the main campus, her declared major is Event Management. She has, so far, been able to find 3 classes on the main campus, HFT1000 and HFT2750 (taken in Summer and Fall, respectively). She found another HFT class on the main campus but it is already full for Spring, hopefully it will open up before classes start -otherwise, she will take GEP classes for Spring and see what happens in Fall 2010.
  • mom60mom60 Registered User Posts: 7,887 Senior Member
    alongwait- she has mixed feelings. She felt that the facilities were excellent. The location for internships great. She felt some of the presentations were weak and different presenters shared conflicting information.
    She only visited the Rosen campus and has never been on the main campus. Since she would be a Jr she talked with the housing people and they gave her some suggestions as to where would be the best location to live. It makes no sense for my D to live near the main campus since the majority of her time would be at Rosen. The housing people were very helpful and nice.
    She is conflicted. What she is looking for now is very different than what she was looking for when she was a freshman. At that time she did not look into many hospitality programs since she wanted a smaller school with a liberal arts education. As she is a bit older she is also not looking for the campus to be her social life. One nice thing about Rosen is that it is small but part of a larger university.
    She will definitely apply. It is the first school she has visited. I think the rest will have to wait till she finds out where she gets in.
  • alongwaitalongwait Registered User Posts: 341 Member
    I'd be interested to know where else she is applying. While I think there is no better opportunity for internships than Orlando for the obvious reasons, we are around 12 minutes from the Rosen. My D feels like she is missing out on the college experience by staying so close. I'd like to find out about other possible options. They did tell us that they offer internships in CA too though. She liked that idea.
  • hopebknighthopebknight Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I am an international student from Vietnam and currently attending a college in Washington state. Since my major is hospitality as well and I'm really interested in Event Mgmt program offered in Rosen college, UCF is my top choice. Therefore, I try my best to get into this school. If possible, can anybody give me advices to get the high chance to be admitted, especially for international students?

I appreciate that
2»
This discussion has been closed.