Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me EA 2022 UofC please!!!!

angstyforadmissionangstyforadmission Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited December 2017 in University of Chicago
Objective:
SAT (superscore): 1550

SAT II: 800 US History, 730 Chemistry, 730 Biology M, 730 Math 2

Unweighted GPA (out of 100): 91.57

Weighted GPA (out of 100): 94.66

AP: AP English Language (5), AP Chem (3), AP US History (5), AP Biology (3), AP French (N/A), AP Literature and Composition (N/A), AP Environmental Science (N/A), AP Government and Politics (N/A)

Senior Year Course Load: AP French, AP Lit, AP Enviro, AP GovPol, CP Calculus, Expository Writing (elective, S1), Ceramics (elective, S2)

Awards/Honors: Rotary Youth Leadership Award, AP Scholar with Honor, YAG Outstanding Legislation Award, National Merit Letter of Commendation, National Honor Society, Seal of Biliteracy - French, MUN Outstanding Country Award

Subjective:
Extracurriculars (from most time to least time): Officer in Model United Nations, President of ______* Against Cancer, Member of Youth and Government, Member of National Honor Society, Member of Rotary Interact Club

(*I put a ______ because my school name would be inserted there)

Volunteer/Community service: SKN Foundation Volunteer, SCOPE (special needs organization) Volunteer and Parents' Night Out Program Developer, Robert Wood Johnson Hospital Volunteer, HomeFront Volunteer (tutoring homeless children)

Essays: I thought they were really good! They were kinda quirky, but I guess all Uchicago applicants make their essays quirky? I kept it really personal, especially for my Why Uchicago essay. I used the clerical errors question for the first prompt.

Teacher Recommendation: Very good. One from my French teacher who loved me and was a great friend (I've known her since I was 12), one from my biology teacher who also loved me--we're buds, and the other from my GovPol teacher who really likes me too!

Counselor Rec: Good, I think my counselor knows me pretty well so hopefully it went ok

Interview: none, it couldn't be scheduled on time

Supplementary Material: None

Other
Intended Major: Global Studies

Applied for Financial Aid?: yes

State (if domestic applicant): New Jersey

School Type: medium-large public

Ethnicity: Indian

Income Bracket: 75-120k