I'm going to be attending one of the upcoming events on campus for admitted students (April 5-6 and 12-13). I signed up on the UChicago portal. But the admissions office has not posted the schedule yet. Each event starts on Thursday morning, and finishes on Friday at noon. I have a few questions for those of you who have gone in years past:
1) Is staying in the dorms optional?? They ask us to bring our own sleeping bags and pillows. Looks like we'll be sleeping on the floor in a dorm. Not a problem for me, but just want to be prepared.
2) What type of activities are planned during these 2 days?
3) Are there separate events for parents?
4) Is it okay to stay on campus after the formal activities end? I have some friends from my high school who currently attend UChicago and I might consider hanging out with them on Friday night and leaving on Saturday. Is there a formal process for getting permission to stay on campus?
5) Any suggestions on 'absolute must' things to see?