Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Admitted Student Open House Questions

f77a9b82f77a9b82 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
Hello,

I'm going to be attending one of the upcoming events on campus for admitted students (April 5-6 and 12-13). I signed up on the UChicago portal. But the admissions office has not posted the schedule yet. Each event starts on Thursday morning, and finishes on Friday at noon. I have a few questions for those of you who have gone in years past:

1) Is staying in the dorms optional?? They ask us to bring our own sleeping bags and pillows. Looks like we'll be sleeping on the floor in a dorm. Not a problem for me, but just want to be prepared.

2) What type of activities are planned during these 2 days?

3) Are there separate events for parents?

4) Is it okay to stay on campus after the formal activities end? I have some friends from my high school who currently attend UChicago and I might consider hanging out with them on Friday night and leaving on Saturday. Is there a formal process for getting permission to stay on campus?

5) Any suggestions on 'absolute must' things to see?

Replies to: Admitted Student Open House Questions