Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Overnight Visit vs Accepted Student Weekend

2»

Replies to: Overnight Visit vs Accepted Student Weekend

• ewigewigewigewig Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Would it be unnecessary to do both a humanities snow day in February and the Admitted Students weekend in April? I imagine the humanities event will be more low-key, but I feel like it would be good to go to both as someone who wants to get as much exposure as possible before placing a deposit.
  • DGDzDadDGDzDad Registered User Posts: 502 Member
    I also want to see how cold it gets so I know what I'm dealing with. I've never been to Chicago in winter, but I hear it's bad. Seriously, how bad is it?

Good thread. Thanks for the all the tips. After D was accepted EA, we started planning an overnight. Coming from CA, I also wanted D -- who has never even been in snow except for one time when she was 7 when we were passing through Tahoe -- to experience Chicago winter to make sure she's up for it. (I grew up in Boston, so I have some experience.) D didn't want to wait for the accepted students weekend in April because she wants to make a final decision sooner than that. They only do dorm overnights Thu and Fri, so we're arriving Thu Jan 30 mid-day. We'll explore on our own Thu afternoon and stay at a hotel downtown near the Metra line. On Fri, we're planning to take the Metra down to U of C and do the morning tour. After lunch, she's sitting in on a class. She already contacted the prof by email to ok it. Then she's spending Fri night in a dorm, while I'll be seeing blues guitarist Buddy Guy play downtown. We'll meet up Sat a.m., explore some more, and fly out that afternoon. It's a little compressed, but we didn't want to stay another night because there's a reception in SF on Sun for Bay Area EA admittees that we want to attend. I agree with the poster who said that a Thu to Sun is best, but the shorter Thu to Sat plan is do-able I think. I guess we'll find out.
2»
This discussion has been closed.