Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Well... looks like I can kiss my chances at UChicago goodbye

Seeme25Seeme25 Registered User Posts: 301 Member
edited January 2010 in University of Chicago
Here's the typo I just found in my Why Uchicago essay:

"My interests in Psychology will also be nourished at the University of Chicago due to its active chapter of the Psychology Honor Society, which meets every Tuesday, and the Institute for Mind and Biology, which appeals to my fascination of the Brown."

I meant to say:

"My interests in Psychology will also be nourished at the University of Chicago due to its active chapter of the Psychology Honor Society, which meets every Tuesday, and the Institute for Mind and Biology, which appeals to my fascination of the brain."

I resent it just now...after changing it up:

"My interests in Psychology will also be nourished at the University of Chicago due to its active chapter of the Psychology Honor Society, which meets every Tuesday, and the Institute for Mind and Biology, which appeals to my fascination of the relationship between psychology and the body."

How screwed am I? The whole section is still unique to UChicago; the inclusion of Brown doesn't even make sense so it's not like (& I didn't) copy my Why Brown Essay and put Uchicago in place of Brown. IDK what happened...damn this sucks
Post edited by Seeme25 on

Replies to: Well... looks like I can kiss my chances at UChicago goodbye

• bluecoastbluecoast Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    You're not screwed, especially since you resent the new version. I know people who have made similar typos and gotten into Yale, Cornell (to name a few). relax!
  • zakuropandazakuropanda Registered User Posts: 621 Member
    It won't appear as though you used a Why Brown essay because honestly that doesn't make sense in the context of your sentence. Don't worry about it. :)
This discussion has been closed.