right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Class of 2020 Decisions

kayleighbrownkayleighbrown 67 replies1 threads Junior Member
Hello all! I figured I should make a thread for when decisions for the 2016 fall semester start being announced. UC is my top choice and if I am accepted and choose to attend, I will be a 3rd-gen. Bearcat! Needless to say, I am very anxious to receive my decision. So when decisions start coming out, feel free to post yours here with your stats (GPA, class ranks, ACT/SAT/AP test scores, in or OOS residency, extra curricularactivities and work/volunteer experience, honors/awards, etc.)! Thanks and good luck to all of you :)
83 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Class of 2020 Decisions

• KarimChammaaKarimChammaa 49 replies7 threads Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    I submitted my application a month ago. Have not heard back. Really nervous.

G.P.A.: 3.75.

S.A.T. score: 1890. Top 13%.

Fluent in a non-English language (Arabic.)

School's Honor Roll.

E.C's: Peer counselor, Spanish Honor Society, National Honor Society, tennis, and part-time job.

Essay about moving to the U.S..

Good letters of recommendation.

Senior year classes: A.P. Calculus., A.P. Physics C. Mechanics, A.P. Psychology, Dual-Enrollment Engineering with the University of Cincinnati, Banned Books, Programming 1, and Study Hall.

Intended major: Aerospace Engineering.

Applied to: University of Cincinnati, Ohio State University, and Case Western Reserve University.

I want to go to the University of Cincinnati. It is my top-choice.

Thank you.
    edited November 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • cheeki2breekicheeki2breeki 11 replies4 threads New Member
    @KarimChammaa Don't be so nervous, your stats are quite a bit above the average. You'll get in for sure. I don't think anybody has heard back yet.
    · Reply · Share
  • kayleighbrownkayleighbrown 67 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I agree, your stats are very good, and I am sure you will be accepted! However to the nobody hearing back yet, I searched "accepted to Cincinnati" on Twitter this morning out of curiosity, and I saw three different boys who are currently seniors (may have stalked their profiles a bit to find that part out :-\") say they got accepted and I was quite surprised as it isn't even December 1st yet. A fluke maybe? I did contact one of the boys over private message and asked him how early he submitted/how he got accepted so early and went on to brag about how he got a 32 on the ACT and then I asked him again when he submitted and he told me early November and asked why and I told him it's because I got a 33 on my ACT and I submitted earlier than him (October 26)! So I am curious as to how they got their decisions already. Maybe the admissions team already sorted through a specific major(s) that those boys were in and made some decisions already?
    · Reply · Share
    @cheeki2breeki @kayleighbrown Thank you so much, your words make me feel so much better. My friend got accepted into Xavier yesterday, so I think EA decisions are going to come out soon (Maybe). Also if you have 33 ACT, you should already consider yourself a Bearcat
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you very much! My father and both of his parents attended so I've considered myself a Bearcat since birth :)
    · Reply · Share
  • BalthezarBalthezar 1588 replies62 threads Senior Member
    As I understand it, admissions decisions are made by program on a rolling basis. When the first pass for a given program occurs, I can't say.
    · Reply · Share
  • cheeki2breekicheeki2breeki 11 replies4 threads New Member
    Hey, so I applied a few hours ago, and I haven't gotten any kind of email giving me a login for an online portal or anything. Does UC just not do that?
    · Reply · Share
    UC took forever to send me my online portal information. Like maybe a week or two. It made me really nervous because Miami U and OSU sent me information about it within two days. But it did come eventually! So you might have to wait a week or so but it will come :)
    · Reply · Share
    @cheeki2breeki I never got the confirmation e-mail. I e-mailed them and told them that I never got my infromation, then they sent me the stuff.
    · Reply · Share
  • guyk27guyk27 88 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Last year, my son applied right around 11/1, and he received notice in late January (and an invitation to the honors program about a week later). This is all in the thread marked "Admission" that started about a year ago. @kayleighbrown -- he's a 3rd gen too (I'm the 2nd gen, and my dad was a 1953 grad) -- the funny part, to me, is that the campus has changed quite a bit, from my dad to me, and then from me to my son.

I can't recall, but I'm pretty sure his portal information came in less than a week.

Good luck, all. With my guy being out there now, I've realized how much I really liked UC.
    · Reply · Share
    Awesome! Thank you for the information @guyk27
    · Reply · Share
    I searched Twitter again today and saw quite a few more accepted to UC tweets. Wondering when they're going to bother to send me mine [-(
    · Reply · Share
    Same. I also checked Facebook and someone got accepted into UC Blue Ash. I applied to Clifton campus, did you too? @kayleighbrown
    · Reply · Share
    Yep, I applied to the main campus! @KarimChammaa
    · Reply · Share
  • KateLane2343KateLane2343 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi guys! I applied to UC early action as well. I have a 3.72 GPA, ranked 67/483 (top 25%), have an ACT of 32 with 36's in reading and science, and a laundry list of extracurriculars. Cincy is my first choice. I want to major in biochemistry and minor in Chinese (I'm already fluent in Japanese). I'm so excited to hear back.
    · Reply · Share
    edited December 2015
    @KateLane2343 Hey! Your stats are good! I think you will be admitted!
    edited December 2015
    · Reply · Share
    I got my acceptance today! I do hope you recieve your's soon.
    · Reply · Share
    @KateLane2343 Did you check the website or did you receive the letter in mail?
    · Reply · Share
    I received an email that told me a decision had been made on my application and instructed me to go to the website to check. When I logged in and clicked my application, underneath there was a new tab labeled "decision" and included a pdf of my acceptance letter.
    · Reply · Share
    @KateLane2343 Awesome! Congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity