Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What were your scores?

BuranriBuranri Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
edited March 2012 in University of Colorado
I have a 3.7-3.8 GPA, and a 1960 SAT. My course schedule isn't really hard, only one or two AP/Honor's classes, but it's not all PE classes either. I went for the classes I thought would be relevant over classes just for the AP label, so Music Theory and Forensic Science over Humanities/AP Lit and AP Physics, for example. Do I have a decent chance at getting in? I do a LOT of music related extracurriculars as well.

And second... I'm sure this has been answered, but still. I know Boulder is definitely a party school, but is there at least some emphasis on academics? I don't really party, but I don't really want to completely focus on school. I like a good mix. Not a school like Washington State, but not Yale or Harvard either.
Post edited by Buranri on

Replies to: What were your scores?

• Ivy12375Ivy12375 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    you're in for sure. boulder is known to be a party school, but many people there are highly focused on academics. you can find a good balance depending on who you make friends with!
This discussion has been closed.