Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is weed overwhelming at CU?

natcat9natcat9 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
Excuse how ignorant this post might seem, but I'm seriously considering going to this school and have heard mixed answers so I'm looking for more input. Knowing that weed is legal in Colorado, would those of you who go to CU/know people who go there say that the weed & the stoner type culture is majorly more prevalent than at other major universities? I'm not into that kind of thing but I don't really care if others around me are, just as long as it's not so in my face that I can't avoid it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies to: Is weed overwhelming at CU?

• AviyoyoAviyoyo Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm a Colorado resident and the parent of a current CU Senior.

Is pot use common? Yes. But in my son's opinion alcohol users/abusers are more commonly encountered.
    He doesn't think pot use at CU is any higher than at the other Colorado schools his friends attend (CSU, Mines) and reports no obvious increase in marijuana use since legalization.

• natcat9natcat9 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    edited February 2015
    @Aviyoyo‌ That's what I'd hoped. Thanks for the reply!
This discussion has been closed.