right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

PLC/Norlin

pamplemoussepamplemousse 66 replies6 threads Junior Member
edited March 2006 in University of Colorado
Did anyone here apply to PLC or Norlin Scholars?
edited March 2006
4 replies
Post edited by pamplemousse on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: PLC/Norlin

• km1233km1233 15 replies7 threads New Member
    yeah, I applied for Norlin Scholars, but I still haven't heard back....

Do you know if you're into either one? Are you planning on doing their Honors Program too? I'm not sure how much work each program requires.....

what other schools are you considering? or are you already set on CU?
    · Reply · Share
  • amyloplastamyloplast 71 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I got into the "honors program" (not sure what that means) but I got rejected from Norlin today. I'm not too disappointed though; from the letter it sounds like they only accepted 15%. I'm pretty sure PLC is more selective - my school (which is in Boulder, and generally gets about 7 people/year into Stanford) usually only gets 1 per year into PLC.
    · Reply · Share
  • BD1742BD1742 50 replies0 threads Junior Member
    PLC is pretty tough, I think more people apply than norlin, but they do have around 50 kids who matriculate as PLC students whereas norlin has less (or at least they used to).
    The honors program means you are in the top 10% of students there, you get to take some smaller classes if they have honors classes in anything you want to be studying, that and you can graduate with university honors.
    I know a lot of kids who applied to PLC, I don't think they've heard back yet, but 2 kids including me got Norlin at my school, don't ask me how they do the selection, seems pretty arbitrary to me.
    · Reply · Share
  • amyloplastamyloplast 71 replies1 threads Junior Member
    They have two Norlin Scholars and one staff member read each application, and each assigns a number of points. The high scores get in. (At least, that's what my friend (who's a Norlin scholar) told me). I'm kind of surprised I didn't get in...oh well.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity