right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Epic versus Summit Ski Pass

Rousse54Rousse54 487 replies33 threads Member
edited June 2010 in University of Colorado
My son will be an incoming freshman at CU this fall. He wants to purchase a ski pass but not sure which one he should get. He is thinking of maybe just getting the pass for Eldora or whatever that mountain is named nearby. but I told him he would probably get bored only going to the same mountain all the time. Which one would anyone out there recommend, and where do you buy them? I think we heard you can buy them when he get to school in the fall, is that true? He will not be at orientation until right before the semester starts.
edited June 2010
3 replies
Post edited by Rousse54 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Epic versus Summit Ski Pass

• nmcm007nmcm007 201 replies17 threads Junior Member
    The tickets are available at snow.com/epicpass or snow.com/summitpass
    Epic Pass offers holders the ability to enjoy Vail, Heavenly, Breckenridge, Arapahoe, Beaver Creek and Keystone all for one price of $599
    Summit Pass limits holders to Araphoe, Keystone and Breckenridge for $409
    It all depends on how much skiing he is going to do and whether or not there is time for it. Two years ago, I bought a Summit Pass for the season, as I was new to skiing Colorado. As a Freshman going into CU as well, having a Summit Pass again would certainly seem enough, because Breckenridge and Keystone are large ski resorts. Still, it depends on how often he'll go. I went enough to get my money's worth and never got bored with only the three resorts. SO, for me, the Summit worked out well.
    · Reply · Share
  • ColoradoMomof2ColoradoMomof2 603 replies12 threads Member
    I wouldn't have him get the pass just for Eldora. Most of the kids don't ski there - they go up I-70 to Breck, Keystone, Copper, Vail, etc.
    · Reply · Share
  • Rousse54Rousse54 487 replies33 threads Member
    Can my son buy the pass on campus at the beginning of the school year or does he have to only buy it online ahead of time?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity