Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UConn Admissions Decisions

Replies to: UConn Admissions Decisions

• miesha5miesha5 Registered User Posts: 202 Junior Member
    i agree I'm just thinking rejections posted on 3/1
  • masqiemasqie Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I posted this before, but I got into the main campus with relatively low stats for UConn - 3.6 UW GPA, 1 honors class, 2 APs. No EC's, no volunteer service. My SAT was just under 1800. I did have some significant outside influences that I believe they took into account, though.
    I will be a Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences major. Oh, and I'm in state.

You still have a couple of days before their notification deadline...I know several extremely strong students who haven't heard back yet, and I would be absolutely shocked if they were rejected. Keep up the hope.
  • soonmtnestsoonmtnest Registered User Posts: 235 Junior Member
    I agree with masqie, I know of some great students not accepted yet, It's a weird system they have, very stressful, but March 1 is coming up. Good luck to all!
  • kayyx3deekayyx3dee Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    Has anyone gotten an acceptance that didn't have the option to pay their admissions deposit ahead of time?
  • Twinmom2014Twinmom2014 Registered User Posts: 464 Member
    My daughter had an option to pay before status change....my other daughter no status change...still.
  • Bellaluna5Bellaluna5 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Still no option to pay.....not looking good :(
  • kbiresearchkbiresearch Registered User Posts: 365 Member
    My son was rejected yesterday. Sad here for him. UConn was his first choice. Thank goodness it's his only rejection so far...OOS, 3.3 GPA, 1850 SAT, great EC's but a late bloomer on the grades. All A's senior year didn't bring up that GPA enough.
  • miesha5miesha5 Registered User Posts: 202 Junior Member
    ^ so sorry to hear that its sad for theses kids believe me I know wish I had the right words for you =((
    I am sorry to hear that. Very disappointing for these kids. :(
    Yes I was definitely disappointed but not completely surprised as we realize his GPA is below par for UC :-/
    I think my D is in the same boat. GPA 3.42. It will be her only rejection so far too. Not meant to be I guess.
  • Uni2018Uni2018 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I'm so sorry your son didn't get in to his first choice @kbiresearch - that stinks but fingers crossed for his other school choices:)
    Did he receive notice via mail? The wait is so hard and I've yet to hear from them, although I got a call last week asking if i had any questions but nothing since....
    Maybe the phone call is a good sign @uni2018 because we did not get one that I'm aware of. I found out on the admissions status UConn page online, haven't gotten the letter yet. Fortunately he's into most all of the other New England flagships: UVM, UNH and UMaine, yet to hear from UMass. Also into a couple of privates...merit dollars from everyone except UNH
    Bella luna, you never know. I still think your D has a good chance.
  • Uni2018Uni2018 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I'm really unsure at this point @kbiresearch - it could be but it seems to be so hard to tell either way. I applied to Umass also. Good luck to your son on his decisions!
This discussion has been closed.