right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

ED?

iamgriffinsmomiamgriffinsmom 70 replies8 threads Junior Member
My son thought he might hear this week based on past years, but he hasn’t heard anything yet.
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: ED?

• roper1313roper1313 102 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @iamgriffinsmom Based on last year I would assume decisions are coming shortly for ED. My son applied EA, Denver is his #1 choice right not, and we are assuming next week for EA.

Let us know when decisions come out, with Thanksgiving being late and the weather being bad admissions may be behind a bit this year.
    · Reply · Share
  • ajc1966ajc1966 27 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Was ED released last week? I was assuming today would be EA release date, but I'm not sure if it's pushed back a week
    · Reply · Share
  • chardonMNchardonMN 222 replies13 threads Junior Member
    I know of a student who received an ED acceptance last week. Not sure what day.
    · Reply · Share
  • iamgriffinsmomiamgriffinsmom 70 replies8 threads Junior Member
    My son received his ED notification on Friday at 4pm! Good luck to all the EA applicants!
    · Reply · Share
  • roper1313roper1313 102 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @iamgriffinsmom Thanks for relaying the information and congratulations to your son!!
    @ajc1966 I wonder if the late Thanksgiving break has pushed back decisions? I'm guessing we will hear sometime this week.
    · Reply · Share
  • LiveWireSoCalLiveWireSoCal 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Is anyone who was accepted or denied ED willing to give their stats and merit scholarship amounts? I'm curious about the difference in scholarships given to ED applicants vs. EA applicants.
    · Reply · Share
  • Coun2316Coun2316 140 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I would assume that most schools are going to be more generous with merit aid in EA than ED because they have no need to provide that kind of incentive to kids who are applying ED. We are full pay (less merit aid) so we were not willing to risk letting D20 apply ED to her top choice school, knowing there were likely to be some nice merit offers through EA and RD.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity