Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
vaultipodvaultipod Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
edited December 2009 in University of Denver
Does DU give a lot of merit based scholarships. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what my chances would be of recieving a large scholarship from DU with an ACT score of 30 and a class rank of 1/309
Post edited by vaultipod on

Replies to: Tuition

• boysx3boysx3 Registered User Posts: 5,164 Senior Member
    yes they do.

If you check the DU webiste there will be information on the scores/grades needed for automatic merit money.
  • idadidad Registered User Posts: 5,027 Senior Member
    For awards ranging between $9000 and $18,000:
    The accepted student has a competitive school curriculum, 3.4 cumulative GPA or better. ACT composite of 24 or SAT combined of 1150 or better. Activities and presentation of admission application are considered.
    They also give very generous scholarships for study abroad through the Cherrington program even if you don't receive other merit money or financial aid.
    My son is on his Cherrington study abroad this fall. he is contacting DU to see if Cherrington will fund an additional study abroad experience for him.
  • rix1897rix1897 Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    Your son probably will get a scholarship. A lot of the people I know got big scholarships, including myself. What's his major? There are further scholarships for some departments, like music and theatre.
  • collegeyikescollegeyikes Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    idad,
    Where did you find the specific criteria for the scholarship awards? I see the award categories, but can't find the stats required. My S was accepted and got the Pioneer award, but I think we may try to negotiate for more; it would help to know the criteria.
  • idadidad Registered User Posts: 5,027 Senior Member
This discussion has been closed.