Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

When to commit to housing for Fall 2013?

bobbo07bobbo07 Registered User Posts: 270 Junior Member
edited February 2012 in University of Florida
I'm trying to hold out as long as possible to sign a lease for Fall 2013 because:
I'd like to look for roommates
I'd like to look for better combinations of location and quality
My budget may wind up increasing and I would hate to slum it if I can afford to upgrade

My floor at the moment is Royal Village(where I live now) or Gainesville Place. I would be ok with going random and living either of these places. Royal claims they fill up in February but I'm not sure if I believe them. Gainesville Place prices seem to be either staying the same or dropping; do they always have open spots every year?

How soon should get it taken care of? I may be getting overly anxious as I visited friends who live in Jefferson 2nd Ave, which seems great, but the website says "1BR and 2BR available" even though they have a floorplan for a 4 BR implying those are already all gone.
Post edited by bobbo07 on

Replies to: When to commit to housing for Fall 2013?

• bobbo07bobbo07 Registered User Posts: 270 Junior Member
    oops, meant Fall 2012 obviously
  • aforautumnaforautumn Registered User Posts: 1,381 Senior Member
    i know university house is already out of 4's--i wouldn't be surprised if 2nd ave was also out.

anyways, you'll want to commit ASAP. promotions getting better as time goes on is only the exception to the rule. you will almost definitely end up spending more later for the same things.
  • GatorGrlKGatorGrlK Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Definitely soon. I know complexes like Estates at Sorority Row, Sabal Palms, Archstone Apartments already filled for Fall 2012 by December.
This discussion has been closed.