Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

transfer Fall 2012

Replies to: transfer Fall 2012

• FlyFlydosFlyFlydos Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    Thank you torey
    I talked to Warrington advisors few days ago, and they said I will find the decision in the middle of June, but I know someone got admitted already to Warrington because I think his high gpa 3.8 helps a lot.

I am an international student, studying at one of the community colleges in Washington. I currently have a 3.68 gpa and pre-req gpa around 3.65 -3.7
  • chris29077chris29077 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Wow well I hope we get in! I wonder how competitive it is this year. You seem to be in pretty good shape though I would think. The only thing is that your out of state so I dont know how that will factor in to the decision. but good luck!
  • moschiandoemoschiandoe Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Submitted my application 1/19/2012, still waiting to hear. I applied to CLAS(Anthropology). I have a sub 3.0 GPA due to a poor beginning after high school. I earned a B in Stats last semester and am taking my final course, College Algebra, before receiving my AA(Palm Beach State College) right now in which I'll likely earn either an A or B. My message still reads:

Your application for admission to the University of Florida for the Fall 2012 term has been referred to your college for a final decision. Please refer to the information below to determine whether any additional information is required. If you have sent information to us recently, please allow time for processing.

Fingers crossed and hoping strong even though it's a long shot with my GPA...
  • Carrot91Carrot91 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Major: Biotechnology
    College: CALS
    GPA: 3.50
    Pre-Professional GPA: 3.49
    Degree: AA from MDC
    Term: Fall 2012

I've had everything in before January ended. It's now June and I still haven't heard anything. Has anyone heard back from CALS? Or know of anyone who has? I got accepted to UCF recently and I find UF incompetent when it comes to notifying potential students. I applied to UCF almost a week ago and I was accepted days later. I really don't want to go UCF. Ahhhh~
    just received spring grade request today
  • heraclidheraclid Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Accepted today (College of Agricultural & Life Sciences) - they're finally sending out notifications!
  • Carrot91Carrot91 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Anyone else heard back from CALS?
  • lk1116lk1116 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Hi everyone! I was accepted in May to the College of Communications and Journalism! Is there a Facebook group or something for all the new transfer students!?
  • PrettyPeridotPrettyPeridot Registered User Posts: 250 Junior Member
    I checked and didn't find any :(
    I just created one, does anyone want to join?
  • propwashpropwash Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    Post a link, I'll join.
  • lk1116lk1116 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    me too! post it!
  • ohboymelissaohboymelissa Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    I will join!
  • BlueDiamondBlueDiamond Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    post the link!!!!
  • PrettyPeridotPrettyPeridot Registered User Posts: 250 Junior Member
    keep your pants on lol it wouldn't let me create it for some reason...anyways here it is:

[url=http://www.****/groups/343149105760731/members/#!/groups/343149105760731/]Log In | Facebook[/url]

or look up UF Transfer Students

spread the word!
This discussion has been closed.