Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

transfer Fall 2012

gatorordiegatorordie Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
edited July 2012 in University of Florida
I decided to start this thread, I am a transfer for Fall 2012 and have just submitted my application. I am eager to hear from others in a similar situation; fears, when we will hear back, just about anything! I wish you guys the best of luck!
Post edited by gatorordie on

Replies to: transfer Fall 2012

• FutureGator77FutureGator77 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    I applied to the college of engineering for fall 2012 term back in December, 2011.
    Since last week, my admission status shows the following message:

Your application for admission to the University of Florida for the Fall 2012 term has been referred to your college for a final decision. Please refer to the information below to determine whether any additional information is required. If you have sent information to us recently, please allow time for processing.

I wonder how long it will take for admissions to make a decision... I wish I hear from them soon...
    My Pre-professional GPA is 4.0, but I still got 2 more classes to go and I'm taking those classes right now. (Differential Equation and Biology I)
  • gatorordiegatorordie Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    I applied around the end of January and have not had it referred to my college yet. I know the wait can be lengthy and I applied to CALS which from what I read on past forums it seems to be notorious for taking the longest which is stressing me out! Some people were waiting untill late May to find out.
  • papertiger87papertiger87 Registered User Posts: 681 Member
    I applied in mid-December and then finally got everything officially in by the first week of January and then not too long after they recieved everything they referred it to the college I applied to. I got my response almost 2 weeks ago.
    Once it gets referred to your college for a final decision it shouldn't take longer than 4 weeks.
  • gator4evergator4ever Registered User Posts: 553 Member
    Good luck to all of you. Do you have a backup school?
    Thx, gator4ever.
    My backup school is UCF. It is a solid backup bc my CC offers the direct connect to UCF program.
    I dont have a back up school. UF is where I really want to go, its the whole reason I went to a CC. Are you sure 4 weeks after being sent to your college from what I read on past forums it seems to be much longer than that.
  • Melissa96Melissa96 Registered User Posts: 351 Member
    It really just depends on which college you are applying to. Some do rolling admissions and some pool their applicants so you wouldn't get an answer until all students have had their materials reviewed by the admissions office and sent to the college.
    Do you know anything about CALS?
    CALS definitely pools their applicants. You may not hear until June. The good thing about them is the spell out exactly what it takes to be admitted which holds true for most of their majors http://www.cals.ufl.edu/prospective/pdfs/Effective%20Summer%20B%202012%20Transfer%20Guide%202%206%202012.pdf
  • JoeAceJoeAce Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    I just recently submitted my transfer application yesterday. I still have to send both of my transcripts (although there might be a problem with my CC one, since I am not an actual student yet... I am considered dual enrolled). I plan on transferring to FSOA for the Fall of 2012.... So far I have a 4.0, but I still have about 3 classes left to take (if I pass my AP exams).
    @Melissa96 yeah thats what Ive been hearing but June is very short notice for a term that starts in August. Especially when we have to go to orientation and all that. Does applying earlier or emailing admissions for CALS speed up the process at all?
    No, that doesn't help. Everyone has to go through the process. You certainly can talk to the college but it isn't going to speed things up.
    @Melissa96 do you know if the college of engineering does the rolling admission or pool s their applicants?
    Engineering is closer to rolling admissions. Their departments have a say over who gets admitted so it happens at different times for different programs.
    @Melissa96 thx for your reply. Good to know that they do rolling admissions.
This discussion has been closed.