Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances getting in to UF

aaronsocceraaronsoccer Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
edited June 2013 in University of Florida
I am now a High school Senior Class of 2014
GPA 3.18 and 4.1
SAT:1790
Travel Soccer :3 years
Over 180+ Service Hours (Summer Camp Counselor and Relay for Life events)
Several Clubs
Hispanic
Ive taken 2 AP's (Human Geo(4) and US History(waiting for score))
Senior year i will take AP Gov and Eco and AP Spanish and Dual Enrollment Theology
What are my chances to get into UF?
Post edited by aaronsoccer on

Replies to: Chances getting in to UF

• JoeAceJoeAce Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    Chance: Below Average
  • rs0525rs0525 Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    UF's standards for their applicants are continually rising as a result of the university's ambition to become a top 10 public university (in the US). As such, I agree with JoeAce. Your unweighted GPA is very low. You're SAT score is mediocre. However, you do show commitment to your soccer program and community service. Keep in mind, UF values consistency over total number or hours. "Several clubs" is not descriptive enough - if you're in a lot of honor societies, it's much more impressive. You have a slight racial advantage, but that counts for very little, compared to everything else. You also don't have many rigorous (AP, etc.) classes. Also, you have not mentioned any leadership roles or awards, or work experience, all of which are asked for on the UF application.

If you really want to go to UF, you could go to a community college or other FL state school and transfer later, but as a freshman applicant, I'm sorry to tell you things are not looking good. Good luck in senior year. I hope everything works out for you.
This discussion has been closed.