Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Math Placement Exam question

Alex23Alex23 Registered User Posts: 284 Junior Member
edited June 2013 in University of Florida
My daughter is going to be an agriculture major, and the first math class than is required of her is MAC 1147, not 2233 or MAC 2311. MAC 2233 is required AFTER MAC 1147. Does that mean she does not have to take the math placement test before registering.
Post edited by Alex23 on

Replies to: Math Placement Exam question

• 2013cheer2013cheer Registered User Posts: 248 Junior Member
    I would just have her take the math placement test to see where she stands. If she does well enough she wont have to take the Mac 1147 and will skip to Mac 2233.
  • rs0525rs0525 Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    If she wants to take MAC 1147 and then proceed to MAC 2233, she doesn't need to take the placement test. However, I highly recommend she take the placement test anyway, because there is a chance she could simply skip MAC 1147 and go straight to MAC 2233, as 2013cheer stated. It's not difficult to score above 50% (the score needed for MAC 2233), even with the ridiculous online calculator provided and the inconvenient graphing questions. Also, the test can be retaken any number of times for $10 each try. Unless she is absolutely horrific at math or has already forgotten everything from high school, I'm confident that she will score high enough for MAC 2233. I have NEVER heard of anyone scoring low enough to qualify for neither MAC 2233 nor MAC 2311. Good luck to her!
This discussion has been closed.