Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Florida - Is It Worth It?

LonghornFan17LonghornFan17 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
University of Florida has been one of my lower choice schools, and when I first started applying, I thought the application deadline was Jan. 1st, but upon further research, I figured out the priority application was November 1st, and everyone else applying after that was going to be considered if there was room. I would really still like to apply, but is it still worth it to send in an application a month after the priority deadline? I felt like I was on the edge as it is with a 3.2 GPA and 1700 on my SAT. Should I still apply or is it not worth it?

Replies to: University of Florida - Is It Worth It?

• sonestar12sonestar12 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Personally I think I'd pass; an admission officer from UF came to my school and told us about how only like 5 or some insanely low number people that applied after the priority deadline were accepted. But still it wouldn't hurt to apply, you never know whether or not you'd get lucky.
  • arrozconlechearrozconleche Registered User Posts: 368 Member
    When I was in my senior year of high school last year, an admissions officer told us that there was basically no chance at all, especially if you're not a competitive applicant. I would not apply at this point, especially since your GPA and SAT scores are below the accepted student average to begin with. I know of someone who had a 4.0 and 2200 on the SAT that was rejected because she submitted the application in late November.
This discussion has been closed.