Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfering from a 4 year school

nwuhockeynwuhockey Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
edited December 2014 in University of Florida
Im planning on applying to Florida at some point. I currently go to Kennesaw State University which is a 4 year school and the 2nd biggest school in the state of GA. I just have a few questions for when Im ready to apply. When I look on the Florida website it only lists descriptions for JUCO transfers. Thanks

1. Is it easier to get in from a 4 year college then a 2 year?
2. Is it easier to apply for the Spring or Fall?
3. I assume if I'm under 60 hours i still have to submit ACT and HS Transcript as well as college transcript.
4. What are the usual averages(GPA, hours) of people coming from 4 year colleges?
5. If you have 1 F on your transcript but It is retaken and a much higher grade is on it how much will it play in to your chances(mainly how bad is it)?

Thanks

Replies to: Transfering from a 4 year school

• Gator88NEGator88NE Registered User Posts: 6,470 Senior Member
    1. Not really. It's a slight advantage to transfer from one of Florida's 2 CC's, as the state of Florida university system is setup to support students who want to continue their education after attending a Florida CC.
    NOTE: All transfer applicants should realize that Florida public community college graduates who have completed a university-parallel program and an Associate of Arts degree will receive priority consideration for admission to on-campus programs IF they meet the requirements for admission to their UF college/major.
    Y

2. Can't really say. It's likely easier to transfer over the summer, so it may also be a bit easier transferring over the Spring.

3. Yes.

4. It's based on your major. Some are very competitive, and require at least a 3.5 GPA to be considered. Others are far less competitive and would be willing to accept someone with a "lowish" GPA.

5. Once again, it's based on your major (and GPA).

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.