Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How do the Florida Financial Aid's BF and CDDV scholarships work together?

pinap387pinap387 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
So I have two 100% VA disabled veteran parents and currently meet all of the requirements for the highest level of Bright Futures. I SHOULD be expecting to get the FAS Bright Futures Scholarship and the Scholarship for Children and Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Veterans. I was wondering, since these scholarships both come from the same source, how they will work together. Will I only be able to receive one of the two even though I applied for both on the FFAA? Also, will UF not award me a merit scholarship because I will already be receiving a bit of funding through the state anyways? Should I still worry about applying for more scholarships? I'm pretty confused on how this is all going to work out.

Also, I realize that I've posted under UF's forums but that is because it is my first choice and the college I indicated on my FFAA application.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thankyou.

Replies to: How do the Florida Financial Aid's BF and CDDV scholarships work together?

• Gator88NEGator88NE Registered User Posts: 6,084 Senior Member
    I would guess they stack, with CDDV paying out first, covering tuition and fees, and then BF. However, go ahead and contact UF and ask. ;)

No matter the response, apply to both.

Good Luck!
  • pinap387pinap387 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    @Gator88NE You're right, it looks like I should email them directly considering my counselors have no idea how the CDDV scholarship works anyways. I applied to both and am hoping for the best!

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.