right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

UF Engineering LLC

DaniellaFlorezDaniellaFlorez 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited June 9 in University of Florida
I am an incoming engineering student and I am considering joining the engineering llc at uf however I dont know if I'll be isolated from the social life im expecting from college. Pls lemme know.
edited June 9
2 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UF Engineering LLC

• fl1234fl1234 279 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @DaniellaFlorez The Engineering LLC is a "living and learning community" (Dorm). Basically, it means that your dorm building will house only other engineering students. Otherwise, you can make friends with and participate in any/all of the other activities on and off campus. The dining halls, libraries, and everything else will have students from all majors.
    You just need to weigh the benefits of that dorm environment versus being in a dorm that has people from all colleges and majors.
    · Reply · Share
  • Gator88NEGator88NE 6547 replies211 threads Senior Member
    The Engineering LLC is located in East Hall. It's a standard freshman dorm. The best thing going for it, is it's close to most of your "engineering" classes, right next to a dining hall, close to the stadium, etc. Many (but not all) of the students will be other engineers. You'll likely share classes with some of them, share similar hobbies and interest, etc.

It's up to you to take advantage of the social activities on campus, including the ones sponsored by the LLC. Choosing the LLC will not hurt your social opportunities.
    · Reply · Share