right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

University of Florida Honors

mangobirdmangobird 3 replies3 threads New Member
Can anyone share what their GPA/ACT-SAT scores were for the
admittance to the University of Florida/Honors program?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Florida Honors

• NotmailNotmail 10 replies1 threads New Member
    Acceptance to Freshman Honors has little to with grade/GPA. There are people with outstanding grades/SAT scores that don't get in over people who have lower academic qualifications and less involvement. Admissions doesn't even make the decision. Instead, the current Honors students review the essays and decide who to take.
    · Reply · Share
  • Melissa96Melissa96 617 replies2 threads Member
    GPA/tests scores gets students into consideration - essays/holistic is what separates who gets into the honors program for the most part. The numbers this year were close to 2019

2019 Accepted Honors Freshman Profile - Middle 50% Range:
    GPA 4.6-4.7
    SAT 1470-1540
    ACT 33-35

2019 Acceptance rate: 16%
    · Reply · Share
  • PikachuRocks15PikachuRocks15 785 replies3 threads Member
    edited August 6
    Disclaimer: I'm an incoming First-Year at Brown University who declined his admission to UF Honors (Out of State) but my advice should still apply.

I believe UF re-calculates your GPA solely based on academic courses but my GPA including ALL courses was 3.9 Unweighted and a 4.4 Weighted. I received a 35 on my ACT. However, like the other posters on this thread have stated, UF Honors Admissions is very selective, and as such, is based on your application as a whole. Throughout this college admissions process, I've realized that while your academics might open the door, it's up to the rest of your application (primarily your essays, so make every word count,) to get you through it. After UF Honors/UF Admissions is sure that you are capable of handling the coursework, they turn to your essays for evidence of how you've taken advantage of the resources at your high school and will take advantage of the resources offered by UF Honors (honors courses etc.) to pursue your goals and other interests.

Definitely read through the UF Honors Admissions philosophy, it's extremely interesting and tells you a lot about what they're looking for students in the program. Link here: www.honors.ufl.edu/prospective/admissions/admissions-philosophy/

Hope this helps! Good luck with admissions!
    edited August 6
    · Reply · Share
  • funfitfunfit 91 replies13 threads Junior Member
    Hi! My daughter got into the Honors program and is very pleased with it so far. She had a 4.0 and a recalculated 4.8. She had 1490 on SAT. We think she got in due to her involvement in leadership and demonstrating her interest in being involved in all that Honors offers. Research their pages on facebook which will give ideas of how to be involved.
    · Reply · Share