Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CHANCE ME! please look

2»

Replies to: CHANCE ME! please look

• MedwellMedwell Registered User Posts: 440 Member
    thats a nice gpa! you have a good shot but you never know with UF these days
  • fabi0litafabi0lita Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    Anybody else??? Does the fact that I am a URM (Under Represented Minority) help my application @ all???
  • sugababi1790sugababi1790 Registered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
    Yes, being a URM is a definite hook...I would say that your in.
    =P This makes me happy.
  • seiclanseiclan Registered User Posts: 4,182 Senior Member
    You should really take the SAT again for the 100% Bright Futures. Ten points away is ...really a shame. You can do it! You have nothing to lose but one morning of your life and much to gain. If you were my daughter, I would be pushing for that!
  • dvm258dvm258 Registered User Posts: 1,062 Senior Member
    Yes, you really should do it. If you would like, the ACT also counts towards it if you want to try that test. Another 40 bucks is money well spent when you'll save thousands later. The tests must be taken before HS graduation, so take them now.
  • J'adoubeJ'adoube Registered User Posts: 2,133 Senior Member
    URM won't help you (in Florida there are too many). You have nothing to lose. Take the test/s again, they won't count for admission but they will count for Bright Futures (applies to any college, public or private in Fl) and maybe Honors college (you'd be amazed at how well you can do w/o pressure--you can shoot for more than 10 points, can't you? I know you can).
    I've taken it 3 times & I'm fed UP with tests. & It's only going to make a $600 difference. My parents don't mind. I just want to get IN. =[
  • dvm258dvm258 Registered User Posts: 1,062 Senior Member
    Did you try the ACT? It's more than a $600 difference. It's $600 per-year, which adds up to over $2000. I dunno, but I would willingly take it again for my parents, but I see why it may not be necessary.
    Plus, I'm only going there for 3 years, graduating early (I currently have 36 credits). So it won't be as much. & on the ACT I got a 26. Okay, this is enough CC for tonight. I need to stop obssessing about this and get my mind off of it. I'm going out, peace.
2»
This discussion has been closed.