Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Which Physical Science Would You Take?

polkadot_heartpolkadot_heart Registered User Posts: 279 Junior Member
edited May 2008 in University of Florida
I need three more credits of physical science. I'm in GEO2200 right now and I'll probably end up dropping it because the professor is INSANE for a summer class. So my choices for Fall would be...
SOS2007 World of Water (my only reason against this: it's a MWF and my schedule right now is set for only TR classes)
OCE1001 Oceanography with Smith
GEO2200 Physical Geography with Binford
AST1002 Discover the Universe with Tan

I really wanted a TR physical science class because again, that's when most of my schedule falls, but I've heard SOS2007 is SO easy that I shouldn't pass it up. Any opinions? I want the easiest physical science I can possibly find. EASIEST! :-D

I also thought about CHM1025 but I know it's only 2 credits and I'd have to take a physical science lab to get my three credits, right?
Post edited by polkadot_heart on

Replies to: Which Physical Science Would You Take?

• G8trGrrrrrlG8trGrrrrrl Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I've heard GLY 1102 - Age of Dinosaurs is pretty good and easy

I've also heard that CHM 1025 is insanely hard for an intro, 2 credit class
  • polkadot_heartpolkadot_heart Registered User Posts: 279 Junior Member
    I already took GLY1102 :( But thanks for letting me know about CHM1025! :)
  • ASMAJASMAJ Registered User Posts: 2,097 Senior Member
    CHM1025 is not that hard, considering that you are learning the first 5-6 chapters in the book, which is the content of 1st exam in CHM2045. If you took AP Chem, then I would start with CHM2045. If the last time you took chem was sophomore year of HS, then I would consider taking CHM1025. However, if you have always been bad at science classes, then I would consider another class. I was a peer mentor (aka TA) for the class and the ones that did bad, usually had a bad science background and didnt study.
This discussion has been closed.