Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Planned major is Comp. Engineering, what classes should I take?

aijekaijek Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
edited July 2009 in University of Florida
I will be an incoming undergrad freshman at UF this Fall and I was wondering what classes I should take if I plan on majoring in comp. engineering. I was in IB and have passed with at least a 5 in each subject so I have some credits already. Thanks for the help.
Post edited by aijek on

Replies to: Planned major is Comp. Engineering, what classes should I take?

• goufgatorsgoufgators Registered User Posts: 625 Member
    First thing you should do is make sure you finish off all your pre-reqs to ensure "entrance" into the CompE department. Worry about your engineering classes after you're officially in the college of engineering.
  • aforautumnaforautumn Registered User Posts: 1,381 Senior Member
    whatever classes you think you'll do well in.
  • rsala004rsala004 Registered User Posts: 827 Member
    be sure to enroll in computer programming for CIS majors 1 (CIS3022), or CIS3020(if you have experience with a programming lang.)

this has a co-req. of calc1, (you must have complete calc1 or take it at the same time)

that way you can complete your computer prog. course sequence by sophomore year...to get on with the meat of the major.
This discussion has been closed.