Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

BSC 2010/L and CHM 2045/L

aphan9aphan9 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
edited July 2009 in University of Florida
I have already checked previous posts, but I didn't really get any from it.
Has anyone actually have taken both Biology 1 w/lab and Chem 1 w/lab during their freshman year or any other year?

How much work out of class am I expecting for both classes?
and what exactly are lab classes?
Post edited by aphan9 on

Replies to: BSC 2010/L and CHM 2045/L

• FloridaGator3FloridaGator3 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    I took both Bio 1 with Lab and Chem 1 with Lab last year (my freshman year). Basicially the lab classes are 1 credit classes that meet one day a week for about 3 hours. Chem 1 Lab isn't too much work. There are pre-lab quizzes, but they aren't too hard. Bio 1 Lab is more time consuming (at least it was for me). There are pre-lab quizzes which can sometimes be difficult. The teaching assistants make their own, so the difficultly depends on how hard your TA is. There are also practicals in Bio 1 lab, which are like tests. The actual lab material for Bio 1 lab isn't too bad. You have lab partners for both Bio 1 and Chem 1 Labs. In both classes you are required to write a couple of lab reports based on results of labs done in class.
This discussion has been closed.