Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
2»

Replies to: Chm1025

• gpowsanggpowsang Registered User Posts: 833 Member
    I singed up for 1025 (fall/online) because:

1. I wanted to not have an overloading semester (being my first semester and all)

and

2. I BARELY qualified for 2045 after taking the chem placement test (i mean i got the least possible score to qualify). My preview advisor told me that people that scored what I scored on the placement test (a 12 (6chem/6math)) ended up getting about a C in 2045.

gpowsang
  • ASMAJASMAJ Registered User Posts: 2,097 Senior Member
    Overall the class is not EXTREMELY difficult. There is TONS of homework though. We have to do a ridiculous amount of homework online, daily worksheets (that also take forever) and daily clicker points.

Also remember that the class is over 6 weeks compared to the normal semester (18wks?), so that can make it more difficult for some. If things haven't changed, the 1st exam in 2045 covers everything you learn in 1025 (Chapters 1-6).
  • technol21technol21 Registered User Posts: 917 Member
    I'm taking CHM1025 online in the fall and I was considering trying to change it to a live section, if possible. Are there any major advantages to taking it live or online?
2»
This discussion has been closed.