right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

University of Hartford Admissions

mclaire010701mclaire010701 1 replies1 threads New Member
Hi! I applied to the University of Hartford back in October. When does Hartford send out admissions decisions? Does anyone know?
16 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Hartford Admissions

• WhileRomeBurnedWhileRomeBurned 27 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @mclaire010701 General admissions are rolling and you could hear any time, often as quickly as just a couple of weeks. Have you received confirmation that your application was complete, all materials received, etc.?

But if you've applied to the Hartt School of Music and an audition is required then it will be considerably longer (auditions are only just beginning and continue after the new year). The Hartford Art School requires a portfolio review and so will take longer as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • dobra77dobra77 1 replies1 threads New Member
    edited December 2018
    I also applied in October and heard back with my admittance 2 weeks ago. Good luck!
    edited December 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • BazarTwentyBazarTwenty 34 replies10 threads Junior Member
    I applied end of November beginning of December and got it today. So there are coming in batches I assume based on where others live. Best of luck in the college admission seasons.
    · Reply · Share
  • Loki71Loki71 51 replies5 threads Junior Member
    What is the University of Hartford’s top scholarship?
    · Reply · Share
    @Loki71 Non-need based merit awards (scholarships) can be as high as full tuition (about $38,000). Typical applicants with about a 3.4 gpa and 1090 SAT can expect $23,000, possibly more.
    · Reply · Share
  • mclaire010701mclaire010701 1 replies1 threads New Member
    I got into the Hartt School and the University of Hartford :). Thank you for all of your input!
    · Reply · Share
    @mclaire010701 Congratulations. Despite the difficult times at UHart the Hartt School remains highly regarded with excellent faculty and smart, talented students. If you choose to attend you'll probably find you're somewhat insulated from the rest of the university and, from what I here, that's a good thing.
    · Reply · Share
  • Sue104Sue104 1 replies0 threads New Member
    My daughter was accepted into the Nursing program about a month ago. They gave her $25k a year I think because it is a new program. Great deal but hesitant of a brand new program.
    · Reply · Share
  • taverngirltaverngirl 1606 replies45 threads Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    How are people hearing about decisions? Email or snail mail? My son applied back in October and hasn't heard anything. We live in CT.
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • parentologistparentologist 209 replies20 threads Junior Member
    Hooray Mclaire! Which area of music? Did they give you a scholarship?
    · Reply · Share
  • parentologistparentologist 209 replies20 threads Junior Member
    Sue, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Nursing school graduates are not asked about the quality of the program they attended, and it's hard to get into nursing school. I'm sure it will be fine. What will matter is the quality of the clinical training, so as long as they've got spots at decent hospitals for training, she'll be fine.
    · Reply · Share
  • DorkyDadDorkyDad 43 replies3 threads Junior Member
    My son auditioned on December 7 for MT at Hartt. Did anyone else that auditioned on December 7 get a response yet? They guaranteed a response by Jan. 15, but said it would likely come this month during the parent Q&A. Any news?
    · Reply · Share
    S received acceptance this morning to civil engineering with $25k merit.
    · Reply · Share
    taverngirl wrote: »
    S received acceptance this morning to civil engineering with $25k merit.

CONGRATS! How did you get the acceptance? email? regular mail?

· Reply · Share
    @DorkyDad I answered in the other thread as well, but neither. He just happened to check the portal and there was an update on there.
    · Reply · Share
    taverngirl wrote: »
    @DorkyDad I answered in the other thread as well, but neither. He just happened to check the portal and there was an update on there.

Thanks. I didn't see it. Just logged into my son's portal. Nothing new so I guess the wait continues. But he did get an email today thanking him for auditioning and inviting him to future campus events. I don't know if that's a good sign or just something that Hartt sends to everyone

· Reply · Share