Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

is this my safety?

ridewitbd24ridewitbd24 Registered User Posts: 623 Member
I LIVE IN IL!! Applyinh to the business school.

Stats:
GPA: 3.74/4.00 (UW)
4.16/4 (W)

ACT: 34
SAT 2'S:
US History- 730
Math IIC- 780
Literature-680

By end of high school: 9 AP'S: AP US (5), AP EURO, CALC AB (5)
Senior year: AP ECON (MACRO/MICRO), AP PHYSICS C, AP SPANISH,
AP ENGLISH, AP GOV/POL

EC'S:

Job- All 4 years of high school (first 2 as a regular babysitter for 12 hours a week at least and last two as a mcdonalds cashier 15 hours/wk )

Scholastic Bowl- 4 yrs Team Captain- Jv (2yrs) Var(2yrs). Top scorer every year on my team. Named to all conference team last year.

Sports-
Basketball-Freshman A; Soph(2yrs) Intramurals (2yrs)
Baseball (2yrs)
Fall intramurals (4yrs) Basketball/Volleyball(for those lacking the time)
Winter Intramurals (2yrs)-Basketball

Commiunity Service- 2 yrs- run a gift shop (200+ hours)

NHS (which includes canned food drive, peer tutoring, and reading to young kids) (2yrs) BOARD MEMBER

SO.... with all parts taken into consideration should I consider U of I in UC a legitimate safety?
Post edited by ridewitbd24 on

Replies to: is this my safety?

• drusbadrusba Registered User Posts: 9,407 Senior Member
    It would be at the other colleges in the university but school of business should never be considered a true safety. That college depends more than any of the others at UIUC on a full file review and thus you shuld consider essays important. Your stats place you in its upper 25% but that college has been to known to reject many who have high stats. It also has the lowest admission rate, under 50%, of all the UIUC colleges. Thus, I would consider it a good match but whenever a college has an admission rate under 50% no one should consider it an easy safety. On a side note, your SAT II's are of no value because UIUC does not use them for admission.
  • ridewitbd24ridewitbd24 Registered User Posts: 623 Member
    thanks for the reply...by under 50% do you mean in the 40's? or lower?
  • drusbadrusba Registered User Posts: 9,407 Senior Member
    For entry class of 2006 it was high 40's
  • underoath89underoath89 Registered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
    I really wouldn't consider it a safety, but with a 34 and that GPA, plus commitment in school, I don't see how you wouldn't get in.
This discussion has been closed.