Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Out of curiousity, what were my chances?

SleepyAlligatorSleepyAlligator Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
Hello, I was accepted into and currently attend U of I for ChemE. I applied OOS and was just wondering, for curiosity's sake, around what is the OOS Engineering acceptance rate?; I couldn't find it anywhere. I figure it has to be much lower than the overall rate of 69%. Thanks!
Post edited by SleepyAlligator on

Replies to: Out of curiousity, what were my chances?

• sang54sang54 Registered User Posts: 656 Member
    Acceptance rate is not necessarily lower for engineering, if fact, its probably higher.

That said, engineering is pretty much self-selective. If you don't have the grades, its not likely that you will get accepted.
  • drusbadrusba Registered User Posts: 9,411 Senior Member
    Engineering acceptance rate is generally higher than the overall university acceptance rate, usually higher than 70%. It has the highest middle 50% range, rank/test score. Most of its applicants have those high stats. Business school actually has the lowest acceptance rate, currently running below 40%.
This discussion has been closed.