right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

What are politics like at KU?

uniquefirsttryuniquefirsttry 65 replies5 threads Junior Member
Rising high school senior is interested in applying to University of Kansas. He is liberal and not religious. Will he be comfortable there? Or miserable?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are politics like at KU?

• college_querycollege_query 4414 replies343 threads Senior Member
    He will be comfortable.

It's a large school, and there WILL be conservative and religious people there, but Lawrence, KS is likely the most liberal place in the state.
    · Reply · Share
  • MidwestmomofboysMidwestmomofboys 4077 replies27 threads Senior Member
    Lawrence is liberal and surprisingly hip. Wonderful restaurants on Mass Ave, the main commercial street, great music scene, amazing organic grocery store (the Merc), and Wheatfields which is one of the best bakeries, anywhere. Many years ago, Lawrence was called, by some, the Berkeley of the Midwest, and rumor was, the legislature never "forgave" the school for the student protests in the late '60s during which some buildings were burned/damaged. The town also takes pride in its "Free State" heritage.
    · Reply · Share
  • psssthoypsssthoy 255 replies1 threads Junior Member
    This is reassuring. Kansas is definitely on my son's radar.
    · Reply · Share
  • uniquefirsttryuniquefirsttry 65 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I'm excited to hear this. I heard Lawrence was a great college town.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity