Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Time for yet another president...

2»

Replies to: Time for yet another president...

• zoeydoggiezoeydoggie Registered User Posts: 652 Member
    I am just so amazed. Who the you-know-what hired this woman? Did they do any vetting? Were they so caught up in the mindset of hiring a woman that they didn't care to look at her past? And why in the world is the salary so high at UMW? It's a pretty small public school!

Presidents matter. I know there have been some statements in The Bullet that say the day to day activities of the students are not in any way connected to who the president is, that their lives are in no way affected. Gotta be kidding, or maybe hoping. The president sets the tone, the agenda, everything. From the top down. It matters, and it matters a lot. I am just fried by all of this. More money, that could have been used for stuff that would matter, will be paid to this woman--just to make her go away. We can be fairly certain she would not have resigned unless she felt it would be profitable.

UMW needs a parent representative. They don't give a flying blankety blank about parents there and they should. They dare to call and send letters wanting donations but don't bother to let us know when classes are cancelled due to bad weather? Because it's none of our business? I have never received any communication from them except to ask for money.

Rant over. We are moving to F'burg after S graduates from high school. UMW is not even on his radar screen.
2»
This discussion has been closed.