Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Online Summer Classes?

smwhtslghtlydzedsmwhtslghtlydzed Registered User Posts: 1,556 Senior Member
I'm going to be a freshman at UMD next year, and I'm majoring in Government/Politics and Arabic Studies. I'm a bit worried about fulfilling all my requirements and still fitting in study abroad (ideally for two semesters), so I think it makes the most sense to take two Government classes (GVPT100 and GVPT241) online over the summer (through UMD). This will help me get a head start on my requirements which will be really nice. However, one is technically a prerequisite to the other, and though I can register for both of them at the same time, I'm worried that maybe GVPT241 will be hard without taking GVPT100 first? I also don't know what online classes will be like, so do you think it's a bad idea to take on two? I don't have a lot else going on over the summer so I think I can handle it fine, but I wanted to get some feedback on whether or not this seems like a good idea. Thanks for sharing any opinions you have! :)
This discussion has been closed.