Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Do the living learning programs/honors have a roomie selection process or is it totally random?

MitchKreybenMitchKreyben Registered User Posts: 439 Member
Seems like in the digital age they could at least have some kid of general lifestyle Q&A to match up. but maybe that comes later?

Replies to: Do the living learning programs/honors have a roomie selection process or is it totally random?

• hummingbhummingb Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    Last year the Department of Resident Life sent an email on May 31st about this, so hopefully you should hear from them sometime in the next week or two. The email explained how they partnered with RoomSync to offer a Facebook application to help new students connect and possibly find roommates. So, you can use this service or roll the dice and go for the random match. For the living learning programs the email stated the following: "Students in Living-Learning Programs will only be permitted to request other student invited to those programs as special housing assignment considerations are required for those programs."

So, depending on how many other students in a particular LLP use this service you may or may not find a match. As a side note, my daughter decided not to use the service, and was very happy with the roommate she was randomly assigned. Good luck!

• terpmom7terpmom7 Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    My daughter also went with the random selection option. First semester roommate didn't work out well, but she had a really great roommate spring semester! I think even with roomsync it's still a bit of a guessing game. As we told our daughter, part of the college experience is learning to live with roommates. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
  • MitchKreybenMitchKreyben Registered User Posts: 439 Member
    Thanks...we'll wait for the info. Glad they offer the service. My younger D had great luck with similar service at another school. Even then, I agree that it's a bit of a guess. But at least you could preview sleep hours, media use, that kind of stuff.
This discussion has been closed.