Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Reaching for the stars, but maybe I have a chance?

SCAREDCOLLEGESCAREDCOLLEGE Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
Although Junior year is the most important, I received the worst grades during the most crucial year. Will this automatically get me deferred from this college?

Freshman year I received all As and Bs, and Sophomore year I got a C in Government AP, and Junior year I got a C in physics GT and a D in Chem AP. Unfortunately for me, I've had a downward trend in my grades...

Due to my unfortunate grades during junior year, my gpa had dropped significantly and is currently 3.04 unweighted and 3.69 weighted. I know that senior isn't as important; however, if I improved dramatically would it benefit me at all? I was planning to apply for Early Action, but then they wouldn't see my senior grades, right?

Also my SAT score superscored was 1900. CR 570 M 680 W 650.
In addition, I've received three 2s on my ap tests, should I just not send in my ap scores even if I score better on my aps senior year? Please help me, I'm so stressed because I want to get into College Park and make my parents proud...

Also, would UMBC just be a better choice overall since I don't have a good chance at College Park...?

Replies to: Reaching for the stars, but maybe I have a chance?

• SCAREDCOLLEGESCAREDCOLLEGE Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Actually correction, my unweighted is 3.19 and my weighted is 3.79; however, that does not really help...

Also I am Instate, korean, and a female if any of that helps as well...
    I am taking AP Bio, AP Pysch, AP Calc, and Anatomy&Physiology(which is credited as a regular class, but is face paced as an ap class). I've taken AP Gov, AP Chem, and AP English. Other than that most of my other classes were all honors and GT classes. I also have ecs and awards..
This discussion has been closed.